Clutch Bleeder Screw by dtbritt
Started on: 09-25-2013 07:50 PM
Replies: 8 (239 views)
Last post by: FieroTony on 09-26-2013 04:16 PM
dtbritt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dtbrittSend a Private Message to dtbrittEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an 88 4 cyl, 5 spd. I went to bleed the clutch, only to find that the bleeder screw is totally corroded and needs replacing. I made the [rather stupid] assumption that the valve would be same size as those used on the brakes, and bought a speed bleeder of the same size. As it goes with any assumption I make, the brake bleeder screws were the wrong size--too small. I've looked online, at the Fiero Store, and at a few auto stores around town. Nobody has a bleeder screw that size. Is there some magic trick or secret part hitherto kept under wraps that I'm missing? Or is it that I'm going to have to buy an entirely new slave cylinder just to replace a bleeder screw...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Isuzu? I have one laying here, will send it priority mail if you want it. Larry
trotterlg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

trotterlg

1378 posts
Member since Aug 2011
across the threads measures .390 or so. Larry
dtbritt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dtbrittSend a Private Message to dtbrittEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Larry, any chance it's a speed bleeder? My wife is a fantastic carpenter / landscaper / electrician, but she won't stick her hand under a hood to save her life. If it's not, do you by chance have a part number? Or should I be able to find something with an Isuzu MT2 search... (which, incidentally, I did. But the auto-check stuff keeps telling me it won't fit my car. I assume [probably incorrectly again] that they're referring to the brakes with no clue on the transmission] but I figured it'd be worth asking someone who knows what they're doing.
trotterlg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a plain old bleader valve. No part number. Larry
dtbritt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dtbrittSend a Private Message to dtbrittEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beggars can't be choosers. Could you drop me an email at dtbritt@gmail.com to work out the details? Much, MUCH appreciated.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can bleed the clutch slave by yourself, get a long 2x4 and open the car door and push the clutch pedal witht the 2x4 while standing by the bleeder with a wrench on it, I've done it.
newfiejeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just done it myself last night, take the back vent off and you could use a broom handle or 2X4 like suggested to push the clutch, its pretty simple to do. DON'T forget to top up your master cylinder fluid.
FieroTony

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

You can bleed the clutch slave by yourself, get a long 2x4 and open the car door and push the clutch pedal witht the 2x4 while standing by the bleeder with a wrench on it, I've done it.

Done that as well. I bet that was a sight from a distance.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock