Cluster swap by Mr.Goodwrench
Started on: 09-21-2013 10:39 PM
Replies: 4 (573 views)
Last post by: James Bond 007 on 09-22-2013 10:50 AM
Mr.Goodwrench

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2013 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.GoodwrenchClick Here to visit Mr.Goodwrench's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.GoodwrenchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Swapping a instruments luster in my Fiero. Question is, can I roll the odometer to match my old one?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2013 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can't roll it backwards. The odometer has a tamper device that will activate when you attempt to roll it backwards. In between the numbers white lines will appear on the roll dials for odometers that have been rolled in reverse. You can roll it forward. Obviously that can take time as you'll have to roll it to match the other.

Just swap out the odometer. If you have the clusters apart to swap anyways you'll be able to reach the odometer assembly, remove it from the speedo assembly, and swap 'em over. That'd be the quickest thing to do.
Mr.Goodwrench

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2013 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.GoodwrenchClick Here to visit Mr.Goodwrench's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.GoodwrenchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a plan. Mine would be rolling forward though. Wanna keep it at my 290,000 miles
donuteater306

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2013 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for donuteater306Send a Private Message to donuteater306Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I swapped my speedometer and wanted to keep my odometer for the same reason...took pride in the 250k+ miles that were on it. Was very easy to swap the odometer from one speedo to the other. With the speedometer out, you will see a small metal clip that holds the odometer in place. Remove the clip and lift out the odometer. Be careful not to turn the numbers. Also, resist the urge to clean the numbers. They damage very easily.
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2013 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ive rolled back a few befor,didnt have any problems with white lines. I agree, resist the urge to clean it (wash & dry your hands first,to remove any grease from your fingers. Takes a little practice to figure out how to roll things,but yes you can have a pre set mileage.If the plastic clip in the back falls apart, you can make a new one,with an exacto knife and plastic packageing.

[This message has been edited by James Bond 007 (edited 09-22-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock