no start after trany swap by bkcamaro
Started on: 09-19-2013 07:15 PM
Replies: 6 (293 views)
Last post by: bkcamaro on 09-23-2013 03:40 AM
bkcamaro

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bkcamaroClick Here to visit bkcamaro's HomePageSend a Private Message to bkcamaroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finished my trany swap and I go to start my car and no start. My injector is not opening I put my nod light to it and it doesn't Light up. I have 12v at the orange wire and blue is 0 but yet nether the injector or noid light work
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sure sounds like you don't have power/ground for some reason.

Have you looked at a wiring diagram for whatever it is you have? (my psychic powers are weak today)

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 09-19-2013).]

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Find this near the battery and located under the big wiring connector and plug the ECM reset connector back together.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 09-19-2013).]

bkcamaro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bkcamaroClick Here to visit bkcamaro's HomePageSend a Private Message to bkcamaroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

Find this near the battery and located under the big wiring connector and plug the ECM reset connector back together.

Its all hooked up

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6KmCf8tFII

Here is a video
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2013 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The zero volts on the injector wire doesn't mean anything unless you have your injector plugged in.

I see a sneeze at the start and then nothing. So what is the tach doing during cranking? Rise to 200 and then drop back to zero? It should.

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2013 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IIRC, one of the engine-to-transmission bolts serves as the grounding stud for the fuel injector(s). Was the ground wire re-attached when the tranny was installed?

Also, tell us more about the tranny swap. Did you do an auto-to-manual (or vice versa) swap, or did you swap in the same type of transmission?

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 09-22-2013).]

bkcamaro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 03:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bkcamaroClick Here to visit bkcamaro's HomePageSend a Private Message to bkcamaroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

IIRC, one of the engine-to-transmission bolts serves as the grounding stud for the fuel injector(s). Was the ground wire re-attached when the tranny was installed?

Also, tell us more about the tranny swap. Did you do an auto-to-manual (or vice versa) swap, or did you swap in the same type of transmission?

when i took the video i had the red amp wire running from where i grounded the bolts and ran it to the ground on the battery to ensure that the ground was good but i swapped my isuzu 5 speed with another isuzu 5 speed the arm that moves the throw out bearing locked up and it was stuck half engauged
but the problem is solved
all it need was to be threaten to be scrapped and my cousin kicking the tire. He stopped on by to give me a hand in finding out what was wrong and when i was showing him what was happening he kicked the tire and it fired right up and runs great which is always scary cause there was a problem that wasnt fixed and i dont what to be stuck anywhere but if it dont do it again its hard to find out what was wrong

------------------
this is the pics of all my cars http://www.motortopia.com/93xr7merc and http://www.fquick.com/bkcamaro
70 Buick Riviera Stage 1 455 Big Block Auto Dual Carb
73 Buick Riviera GS 455 Big Block auto (#2 on dream car list)
78 Chevy C 10 Step Side Pick up 350 auto
85 Chevy Camaro Z28 383 stroker auto (#3 on dream car list)
96 Chevy Camaro Z28 350 LT1 auto (daily driver during the nice months) 14.1 at 99.25 mph 8/5/09
98 GMC 2500 350 auto (plow truck)
86 Pontiac Fiero 2.5L 5 speed (mgp car)
Videos of most of my cars http://www.youtube.com/user...eos?flow=grid&view=0

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock