setting up stft+ltft histogram. by yellow fever
Started on: 09-18-2013 10:55 AM
Replies: 5 (619 views)
Last post by: DimeMachine on 09-18-2013 09:16 PM
yellow fever

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2013 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellow feverSend a Private Message to yellow feverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi guys. I'm trying to set up a pid for stft+ltft. I have this in the function spot. [SENS.114]+[SENS.116] what do I put in the sensor and units spots. Thanks guys.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2013 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why?
DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2013 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

Why?

Well, with e85 I watch it to make sure each batch of E85 is not too far off in ethanol content and it will tell me when MN switches back to winter blend.
DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2013 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DimeMachine

957 posts
Member since Sep 2011

Originally posted by yellow fever:

Hi guys. I'm trying to set up a pid for stft+ltft. I have this in the function spot. [SENS.114]+[SENS.116] what do I put in the sensor and units spots. Thanks guys.

For the sensor I have "None" and for the units I left blank. If the st + lt is routinely more than about 5ish you should find out why and make changes.

------------------
84/87 NB, 3800SC, E-85, VS Cam, 2.8 Pulley, 4T65E-HD, HP Tuners, AEM Wideband, Regal GS Gauges, S-10 Brake Booster. 1/4 mile -11.906 at 111.93mph

[This message has been edited by DimeMachine (edited 09-18-2013).]

yellow fever

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2013 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellow feverSend a Private Message to yellow feverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought everybody was plotting the stft and the ltft trims together to tune the maf. I have one set up now just using the ltft but it mainly just reads zero, but when im cruising my wideband is reading rich. Im not quite sure why it reads zero, I have the histogram set up right according to what i found over on hp tuners. So either its not reading right or my wideband is reading wrong. Ever since my laptop crashed and I reloaded everything onto a different laptop I can't get the maf histogram to read -5 +5, it will read 0.00. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2013 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellow fever:

I thought everybody was plotting the stft and the ltft trims together to tune the maf. I have one set up now just using the ltft but it mainly just reads zero, but when im cruising my wideband is reading rich. Im not quite sure why it reads zero, I have the histogram set up right according to what i found over on hp tuners. So either its not reading right or my wideband is reading wrong. Ever since my laptop crashed and I reloaded everything onto a different laptop I can't get the maf histogram to read -5 +5, it will read 0.00. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

There is a method for tuning the MAF that uses the LTFT and STFT together. It seems like it would work good for the lower portion of the MAF table to me.

[This message has been edited by DimeMachine (edited 09-18-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock