Fiero guru in Phoenix by kpazzh0ly
Started on: 09-17-2013 08:04 PM
Replies: 7 (274 views)
Last post by: kpazzh0ly on 10-01-2013 11:11 PM
kpazzh0ly

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kpazzh0lySend a Private Message to kpazzh0lyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there any guru's that can help me. I have been trying to rebuild a fiero I purchased but the car is in pieces so I am looking for some help to get this car back on the road. Please send me an email.

Thank you,
Paul
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2013 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The forum has a pretty good track record in fixing things from afar. Do you need a 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder guru?
My88RedGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2013 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My88RedGTSend a Private Message to My88RedGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kpazzh0ly:

Is there any guru's that can help me. I have been trying to rebuild a fiero I purchased but the car is in pieces so I am looking for some help to get this car back on the road. Please send me an email.

Thank you,
Paul

I wouldn't call myself a guru, but I've owned a couple Fiero's and have done some of the work on them. Plus I live in the Phoenix metro area.
kpazzh0ly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2013 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kpazzh0lySend a Private Message to kpazzh0lyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry that I haven't replied sooner but I just started a new job and it has been hard to keep track.

I have quad 4 in pieces.

A 1988 fiero se with a chop top, with a non chop gt back end. I still have the original back end.

A nissan 300zx dash.

Basically its a bit of a Frankenstein, but I haven't been in the car scene in a really long time. I work, when I can on my Lexus IS300. Naturally as an ex Toyota technician I am much more comfortable around Japanese Imports. I would like to start working on my personal cars again.

In the last few months I have been so tied up with trying to get everything done with my wedding next month. I also haven't had time to work on my car, because when I was working as a Toyota tech I was working almost 12hr/day.

With this new job I am very close to home and I have more time, and I actually have WEEKENDS OFF! I live in Maricopa and I know that's a drive for nearly everyone but I am asking for something causal, meet some new people that love this car as much as I do. A lot of people make fun of me for purchasing this car and I want to prove to them how awesome these cars can be.

Thanks again for reading and replying.
My88RedGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My88RedGTSend a Private Message to My88RedGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't even begin to picture what you car looks like. Any photos?

I have an 88 Fiero GT red w/grey leather interior. Almost everything is stock with the exception of the transmission and seat covers. I took out the cloth seats since I wanted leather. They are the same seats, just new skins. The original trans was the 3 speed automatic. I had is swapped out for a 4T60 4 speed auto. With the 3 speed, the rpms were just to high to maintain the 75 for a long period of time. Now with the new trans, the rpms are about 1900 at 70mph. Gas mileage increased by 8 mpg on average.

Engine is the orginal 2.8L V6.

The car has just over 24k orginal miles and handles and runs like new. Even the interior and exterior is like new.
kpazzh0ly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kpazzh0lySend a Private Message to kpazzh0lyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know if this works but here it is.
http://s1285.photobucket.co...h0ly/slideshow/Fiero

I just bought a 60gal air compressor and I am only waiting for my electrical power cord to arrive so I can wire it in. With the new job all my tools are at home :-)

I have removed the gt back and I am thinking about selling it since I don't know how to do the chop top.

The cylinder head is put back together and I am just waiting to get the compressor going so I can clean up the block. I really could use someone that knows how to put a w41 back together.

I will get the manual and do it, but I didn't take it apart so I am nervous with not knowing where each bolt is supposed to go.
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Some assembly required!"
kpazzh0ly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kpazzh0lySend a Private Message to kpazzh0lyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

"Some assembly required!"

Lol yup. I think thid would have been better if i had 3 fieros before this. Oh well, i really love this one and if i get it looking nice it would really be something to be proud of.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock