Started on: 09-17-2013 09:27 AM
Replies: 3 (114 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 09-17-2013 02:22 PM
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post09-17-2013 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello,
This winter I'm going to have to drive my Fiero at times, as the wife is working (yay) now and shifts sometime overlap..
To keep the doors open all the time so that ice buildup doesn't break the motor gears.
Where do you unplug the wires going to the motors, at the motor or at the relay box/controller thing?
Thanks and yes I'll be washing it once a week at the car wash with the rear up on ramps to get all the salt off the underside..
buying a beater isn't in the card, and it only be uses as last choice..

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 09-17-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TONY_C

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TONY_CSend a Private Message to TONY_CEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd just put the headlights up and then unplug the motors.
masospaghetti

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for masospaghettiSend a Private Message to masospaghettiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think there's a single wire with a weatherpack connector that feeds power to each motor. This is the one you want to unplug.

EDIT: I was wrong. You want to unplug each actuator relay, this has the red power feed wire. See here:

[This message has been edited by masospaghetti (edited 09-17-2013).]

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually, you can unplug either of the harnesses going into the relays. Since one feeds to the relay and the other feeds from the relay to the motor, the circuit would be broken if either was disconnected. Just disconnect whichever one you can disconnect. Disconnecting the single blue wire, alone can sometimes allow the headlight to retract.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock