Started on: 09-11-2013 02:48 PM
Replies: 2 (153 views)
Last post by: imacflier on 09-11-2013 03:03 PM
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post09-11-2013 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello, I'm in the middle of my radio install and while I have 3/4 of the interior apart I figured I'd pull the headliner to fix the sagging material.
I have the back panels off that run from floor to headliner,
but what is the trick to getting the a pillar panels off as they run beside the dash, does the dash have to be pulled?
I don't see screws or button caps like the rocker sill does , so I'm guessing they are clipped on..
I don't want to damage them and don't want to guess..
It's an Indy (84) if that matters.
Thanks for any help
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A pillars need to be released from the top (there is a few tabs that are part of the pillars that must be released from clips). use a putty knife to pry clip open. The part next to the windshield will need to be pulled as there are plastic clips that break (usually), but are replaceable. No way of getting on there with a tool. That is it. There is nothing holding the a-pillar trim to the dash. Dash stays in place.

http://www.mtritter.org/fie...ohelp/headliner.html

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 09-11-2013).]

imacflier

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for imacflierSend a Private Message to imacflierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, good luck on removing the A-pillar trim without damaging the first one you remove....in spite of great care I damaged my Beechwood trim and had to find a used replacement.

I later discovered, however, that it is possible to remove and replace the headliner without removing the trim....I was able to flex the headliner in the middle a bit and simply slid it out from the trim. The Fierostore replacement went back in just as well. So I would strongly suggest you try the alternative to removing the A-pillar trim!

Good Luck,
Larry

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock