Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  What muffler should I get for my 87 2.8 stock gt?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
What muffler should I get for my 87 2.8 stock gt? by FieroGT-987
Started on: 09-10-2013 12:36 AM
Replies: 5 (203 views)
Last post by: jon m on 09-10-2013 12:46 PM
FieroGT-987

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT-987Send a Private Message to FieroGT-987Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was wondering if anyone had experience with after market mufflers on fiero v6. I am trying to figure out what sounds best. If anyone has soundclips or videos that is much appreciated! Looking for a bit louder, more aggressive tone
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spin Tec with cat delete. Sorry no video.
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 2-1/2" Spintech on my 3.4 DOHC. It is LOUD. Too loud for daily driving.

------------------
1986 SE Aero coupe.

3.4 DOHC swap is complete and running, now just have to finish the rest of the car...

FieroGT-987

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT-987Send a Private Message to FieroGT-987Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Previous owner already did the cat delete. So should I get the spintec?
onesexyfiero

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm running a cat delete and a spintec on my 3.4. It's pretty loud, but I like it. I also don't typically rev over 2 grand. I've heard of people putting a glass pack in place of the cat, in addition to a spin tec in the stock location.
jon m

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got the the spintech but I didnt remove the cat (laws in the u.k) in my opinion it is a very good muffler with nice tones without being over noisy in the cabin.

jon

[This message has been edited by jon m (edited 09-10-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock