Dickman's shifters by Asoulan
Started on: 09-07-2013 11:36 PM
Replies: 2 (399 views)
Last post by: smartaxel on 09-08-2013 01:03 PM
Asoulan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AsoulanSend a Private Message to AsoulanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey all...

I'm looking at Dickman's shifters, and I'm curious about the difference between e competition short throw shifter and the comp shifter II versions. The only difference that I can see on the website is that one is a bit longer.

Anyone have any experience with these two products that could advise?
Is the a difference in final throw? Ease of shifting? Other observations?

Thanks in advance...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No experience with Rodney's shifters, but all other elements of the gear changing remains the same except for the handle. The only difference with the shorter versions is the distance your hand travels when changing gears. Anytime you reduce the length of the shifter, you increase the force needed to move it. It works very good when cables and everything is in good order, but I found with a conversion I inherited in my 86 (don't know whose it is) that it's more difficult to change gears than with the stock long shifter.

The stock tall shifter can be a hindrance with upgraded audio systems in that it is in the way of inserting CD's or operating controls on the head unit. A shorter shifter would reduce that problem.
smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I has Rodneys competition short shifter and ultimate getrag kit. It was awesome compared to the oem. The bottom section changes the throw a bit as well as the utltimate brackets. It was the first thing i replaced when id picked up another manual fiero. It should have been like that from the factory.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock