Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  How does the coolant crossover pipe go back in??

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
How does the coolant crossover pipe go back in?? by retroman
Started on: 09-07-2013 06:31 PM
Replies: 7 (285 views)
Last post by: Dodgerunner on 09-08-2013 01:35 PM
retroman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, so dumb question... I'm swapping in a 3.4 SFI, and am hooking up coolant lines. Problem is I've had the car apart so long I don't remember how the crossover pipe is supposed to fit in. Where are the mounting locations for it, and if possible, can someone supply pictures? Does it go under the AC brackets or through them? Thanks in advance.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
trotterlg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe there are three mounts on it. One goes on a transmission mount bolt, the other end around the AC bracket and the other one closer to the transmission mount I think. Larry
retroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by trotterlg:

I believe there are three mounts on it. One goes on a transmission mount bolt, the other end around the AC bracket and the other one closer to the transmission mount I think. Larry

That's kind of what I'm thinking, but it's really hard to get back in there to see without having to drop the whole cradle again.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you've got the Fiero upper AC bracket bolted on, it will have to be unbolted to make room.
The pipe looks like it'll go, but it won't.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 09-07-2013).]

Heinz_57_Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Heinz_57_FieroSend a Private Message to Heinz_57_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Which year and transmission? There are at least 4 different variations of the crossover pipe depending upon year and transmission type. I swapped mine out this morning. I had previously deleted the ac, so the entire operation took me less than an hour.
trotterlg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can also tell you that they tend to crack at the support brackets and make for a very hard to find leak. Larry
retroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. It's an '87 GT with a 5spd Getrag.
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Might help. This is an 85.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock