Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Who's Making 3800sc Motor Mounts These Days?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Who's Making 3800sc Motor Mounts These Days? by mitchjl22
Started on: 09-06-2013 06:05 PM
Replies: 10 (470 views)
Last post by: FIEROFLYER on 09-08-2013 09:25 AM
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Purple Reign seems to be mia, FieroX is getting out of the car business, WCF has great products, but have dealt with them in the past (long wait) and just want to find something less expensive.

I have an L32 2004 3800sc motor and Getrag 5spd.

Anyone selling mounts for about $300 or less?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hdryder

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hdryderSend a Private Message to hdryderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have some FieroX mounts, new in the box, never used, that I may be selling soon.
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool, let me know if they become for sale.

Do you know if anyone is currently making conversion mounts?
NoMoreRicers

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mitchjl22:

Cool, let me know if they become for sale.

Do you know if anyone is currently making conversion mounts?

Unless Fieroking wants to make me some...

I'll probably buy my 3800 and F23 brackets from FIEROFLYER.
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oh.... i'm getting my harness from him.. i didn't know that he made mounts too! Cool. Thank you!

-Mitch
NoMoreRicers

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mitchjl22:

oh.... i'm getting my harness from him.. i didn't know that he made mounts too! Cool. Thank you!

-Mitch

Hopefully you and I can add a couple 3800's to Fiero Fest by next August.
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope so! I'm so excited i can't stand it
DimeMachine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, if you are considering a swap, consider buying a welder and making your own. You will need it for the exhaust, mounts, any rust repair, etc, etc, etc, etc (you get the point) I promise you will not regret it.

[This message has been edited by DimeMachine (edited 09-07-2013).]

FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fully agree purchasing a good MIG and making all your own mounts, brackets and exhaust is the way to go. Dan
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I mig and tig weld, but im being lazy and want to just buy them. Also, i want to get the "Swapping" part done fast and have everything ready to bolt on. Im 2 semesters away from my AWS certification. But I dont think im going to stay with it as a career.

Ps: i use a miller 252 for my mig welding.

So if going down the route of making my own mounts, where do i start? Pics? measurements? Etc.

edit: typos

[This message has been edited by mitchjl22 (edited 09-08-2013).]

FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For swaps using the Fiero manual it is easy just bolt the engine and tranny together and set on the cradle. Attach the factory Fiero tranny mounts in place and line the engine up level and straight. Set the engine mount you are using in place and make a bracket that bolts to both the engine and mount you have. I use 1/4 inch plate for strength and prefer to have my engine mount bracket bolt to both sides of the engine just like the factory 3800SC brackets. Dan
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock