Unknown wire? by Dflint
Started on: 09-06-2013 01:49 PM
Replies: 11 (308 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 09-08-2013 09:20 PM
Dflint

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This wire comes off my 2.8l no idea where it comes from http://i857.photobucket.com...DE41_zpsef1b2a47.jpg
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try photo-shoping an arrow onto the pic so you can identify which wire you are talking about

Arn
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this what you're asking about?

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Flux capacitor override switch wire. Appears yours is non- functional. Be extremely careful t speeds over 88mph. But I will look at mine in the am and see what is really is .....
trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I say either part of the E brake or a broken off ground wire. Larry
Dflint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes that is the wire. im not sure where it goes .. good thing is that the car still runs
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks to be a ground wire that attaches to the lower frame rail, drivers side near the evap line bracket.
Trace the wire back to its origin, it should attach to the trans bolt near the starter.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm pretty sure that's the e-brake cable that's broken off.
Dflint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the e brake works its gotta be a ground wire
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think OleJoeDad is right. I have one that looks about like that, except it's attached to the frame rail and pulled loose from the transmission. You can see one end bolted to the frame rail and the other end near the exhaust down pipe, in this pic.
Dflint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
should i even worry about it?
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dflint:

should i even worry about it?

No, but you should replace it.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock