Northstar (N*) TB VS Series II TB L32 Gen V Supercharger by mitchjl22
Started on: 09-03-2013 09:48 PM
Replies: 4 (341 views)
Last post by: mitchjl22 on 09-03-2013 10:31 PM
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally, I'm beginning the swap in my 87' GT. Its a 2004 GTP engine with 105,000 miles and 3400 hours. I'm looking at price difference between running a stock Series II TB and a N* TB kit from ZZP.

The kit looks like its $350 INCLUDING a new MAF, I'm trying to source parts to make my own kit as well, and i'm having trouble finding what MAF that ZZP uses. The LS1 MAF uses different fuel tables from what I understand and requires some special tuning or a custom PCM.

http://shop.zzperformance.c...rottle-Body-Kit.aspx

I looked in the fierosearch for L32 series ii and L32 TB and couldn't find what I was looking for, anyway, what does it take to adapt the Series II TB and MAF/TPS to the Gen V supercharger?

If the prices on the two are comparable, I might as well opt for the 75mm N* TB.

Thanks,
-Mitch
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mitchjl22:

Finally, I'm beginning the swap in my 87' GT. Its a 2004 GTP engine with 105,000 miles and 3400 hours. I'm looking at price difference between running a stock Series II TB and a N* TB kit from ZZP.

The kit looks like its $350 INCLUDING a new MAF, I'm trying to source parts to make my own kit as well, and i'm having trouble finding what MAF that ZZP uses. The LS1 MAF uses different fuel tables from what I understand and requires some special tuning or a custom PCM.

http://shop.zzperformance.c...rottle-Body-Kit.aspx

I looked in the fierosearch for L32 series ii and L32 TB and couldn't find what I was looking for, anyway, what does it take to adapt the Series II TB and MAF/TPS to the Gen V supercharger?

If the prices on the two are comparable, I might as well opt for the 75mm N* TB.

Thanks,
-Mitch

To use the S2 TB all it takes is a adapater plate. The N* does not do much for a stock 3800 swap. It will give u a little better throttle reaponce at the most.
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry i should have mentioned that i'm planning on a 3.5 pulley Autolite 605 plugs and a cooler T-Stat
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mitchjl22:

I'm sorry i should have mentioned that i'm planning on a 3.5 pulley Autolite 605 plugs and a cooler T-Stat

Still will not make a differnce....For N* to be an advantage mods lile cam, ic, smaller pulley, ect is needed. The few things u listed r what is consideres stock on a 3800 swap into a Fiero.
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice, okay, so where can I buy an adapter plate, MAF and everything I need to convert?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock