Roof of Car is falling a part by FieroJosh1993
Started on: 09-03-2013 11:21 AM
Replies: 5 (244 views)
Last post by: crashyoung on 09-03-2013 08:26 PM
FieroJosh1993

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJosh1993Send a Private Message to FieroJosh1993Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys,

so the fabric in my 84 Fiero SE is starting to fall down. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to fix or replace it??

Thanks,
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You may want to search for "headliner" in the search tool. Basically, you remove the old headliner board, remove fabric, glue on new fabric (available from Joann's) and put board back up.
FieroDan86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroDan86Send a Private Message to FieroDan86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What jaskispyder said is correct. I did this on my 88GT and it came out beautiful. If your backing board is disintegrated though you may want to replace it with a new one. TFS has them. In most cases though the backing board is still sound so you just recover it.
DimeMachine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the non sunroof ones are not too bad. the sunroof ones are weak and much more challenging.

------------------
84/87 NB, 3800SC, E-85, VS Cam, 2.8 Pulley, 4T65E-HD, HP Tuners, AEM Wideband, Regal GS Gauges, S-10 Brake Booster. 1/4 mile -12.05 at 111.7mph

MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I have a new fiero store fiberglass moonroof headboard in the attic

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

crashyoung

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashyoungSend a Private Message to crashyoungEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Take your time, do it right, and avoid problems in the future.

I did my own headliner, but I used fiberglass and resin to reinforce the backing board.
One thing I recommend, is to use 3M spray adhesive to glue the fabric on to the board.
Spray the backing board and the fabric lightly, but many coats to be sure to cover all
areas that will glued down. BUT, before you glue, be sure ALL loose material is off the
backing board. I missed a small area, and I have a sag, it isn't bad, and most people
don't notice it, but it drives me nutz...

The glue is a contact type glue, once it touches, it is stuck. Have a friend help you
apply the fabric to the backing board. If you try to pull it off, it will tear the foam off the fabric.

Replacing the headliner is one task that really makes the interior look so much better!
Now, if I could sew, I could do my own visors...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock