Replacing rear reflectors and badge by commodore_dude
Started on: 08-30-2013 03:16 PM
Replies: 1 (213 views)
Last post by: jaskispyder on 08-30-2013 03:19 PM
commodore_dude

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2013 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for commodore_dudeSend a Private Message to commodore_dudeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So one of the odd things on my Fiero is that both of the reflectors in the bumper, as well as the GT badge, are melted. While that's weird, and I'd like to make sure it doesn't happen again (the heat shields are in place over the exhaust tips and look like new, paint on the bumper appears original due to presence of the VIN sticker behind the license plate, so I don't think it was a fire or anything else that affected the whole rear of the car), I'd REALLY like to replace them because they're definitely the worst thing about the exterior at this point. Do I need to pull off the rear bumper cover in order to do both jobs? I didn't see a great description of how to replace either in the service manual, but is it pretty clear what to do with the bumper cover off? I've got replacement pieces from TFS, and I'm hoping I don't need any other clips, pins etc...

------------------
The project: 1988 Bright Red GT 5-speed

The DD: 2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2013 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would pull it off. I believe all the plastic push pins are reusable.

You will need to take out the taillights, rear makers, screws in the wheel wells and push fastners on the bottom. Also, unhook the license plate light.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock