Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Plug for Transmission Speed Sensor (Getrag)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Plug for Transmission Speed Sensor (Getrag) by Davez69gto
Started on: 08-30-2013 01:21 PM
Replies: 2 (652 views)
Last post by: Davez69gto on 09-01-2013 01:30 PM
Davez69gto

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2013 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Davez69gtoSend a Private Message to Davez69gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi,

I've posted on here about working on my fiero and mentioned that I've changed out the speed sensor in the transmission (by accident) to the one that is you would find in a 87 Pontiac 6000 manual getrag transmission. Does anyone have a clue where I can get the plug for it? I've found only ones for the automatic transmission. I have a picture below.

Dave

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2013 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will have the correct connector for your VSS, but I can't see in the picture what your connector looks like.

Is it either like the plug or the connector in this picture?

My guess is the reverse switch isn't correct either.

We also need to worry about if your ECM can acecpt the signal your VSS is going to put out and how many PPM your VSS puts out and how many PPM your ECM / Speedo need as an input.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 08-31-2013).]

Davez69gto

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2013 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Davez69gtoSend a Private Message to Davez69gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The original transmission is from an 86 fiero so the reverse switch should be correct. The only reason this one is incorrect is because I got the main transmission gear stuck on the output shaft so I had to keep the gear on and use the magnetic sensor. I took a pic of my actual connector. I believe it comes in a few different fwd getrag transmissions.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock