5 speed getrag select cable part number by 4thfiero
Started on: 08-28-2013 01:23 PM
Replies: 15 (305 views)
Last post by: Rodney on 08-30-2013 10:33 AM
4thfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know what the OEM part number is for a select cable (side to aide action) for the 5 speed getrag...???
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OEM number is 10054258 for the select cable. The shift cable is 10066448.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
www.rodneydickman.com for your select cable. It is the correct length and high quality. http://rodneydickman.com/ca...th=57&products_id=37
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah buy it from Rodney. His are better than OEM, plus you get that "Rodney Dickman quality" :-)
4thfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys, issue is, i bought a brand new one from Rodney...the select cable aint working good...had it verified by 2 diff tranny mechanics...the cable is defective...and i dont wanna wait for another one in the mail. So im trying to go OEM to save time.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You won't
4thfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wont what?
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You won't save any time. GM dealers usually do not stock parts for 25 year old cars, and will have to call around to find them. Rodney, on the other hand, fixes problems with his parts overnight.
4thfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Even to Canada? if so im down lol.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your problem may be that the shift cable isn't properly adjusted. Place the trans into 1st gear, disconnect the shift cable from the transmission lever and move the lever to verify it's solidly in the 1st gear position. Then reinseret the ball stud and tighten.

If the Dickman cable is defective, how so. What's defective about it?
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well...I suppose that if you are in Yellowknife there could be a problem. Send him a PM.

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 08-28-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 4thfiero:

...the select cable aint working good...had it verified by 2 diff tranny mechanics...the cable is defective...

It wouldn't be the first time mechanics are wrong because they don't know how the Fiero parts work.

Originally posted by fierofool:

Your problem may be that the shift cable isn't properly adjusted.

I agree. Who installed the thing?

It could also be the shifter mechanism itself. Mine was cracked and would flex when I tried getting into 5th and reverse.
The new cable didn't fix it obviously. I needed to take the mechanism out and weld it.

Not mine, but someone has done a writeup with pictures.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...130314-2-119951.html

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 08-28-2013).]

4thfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2013 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
its not the shifter mechanism. I was the one who installed everything originally, but everything was out of adjustment. So the first tranny shop adjusted everything on the tranny side and got my car shifting..but the action was really bad..the second tranny shop took a look at my shifter, disconnected the select cable...up and down action was np...and the side to side option worked great on the shifter (with the select cable detached...) and the side to side action worked well on the tranny end (again with the cable detached)

There was a fair amount of play in the select cable when it was attached again on the shifter side. So all signs point to the cable...
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2013 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is your cable routed correctly? It should go across toward the drivers side, staying behind the heat shield. Then downward between the AC lines and firewall and back up toward it's mount on the transmission as shown in this pic.

If you're sure it's the cable, then I'd contact Rodney. Rodney can and does sometimes make a defective part, but his service is always top quality.
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2013 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My cables are made to OEM length and are not adjustable. If the cable you have is adjustable it is not mine. If you installed it and felt it was out of adjustment maybe something else is wrong. Do you push or pull on it so hard that it damaged the cable?

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2013 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found your order. It was about a year ago. Shipped on 8-20-2012. Did the cable work that long then fail?

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to: