3800sc oil dip stick tube by Tweeder
Started on: 08-28-2013 01:07 AM
Replies: 4 (453 views)
Last post by: sco77 on 08-28-2013 09:08 PM
Tweeder

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What have y'all done with the dip stick tube? I first struggled with it as when I had the motor out I forgot to put it back and and had to piss around putting it back on the engine with it in the car. I"m not sure if I got it in the correct spot, I don't think so as i've run into a problem with it resting against the number 3 cylinder spark plug. I ran it between the block and header.

------------------
86 SE Convertible 3800sc 4t65e HD.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 04:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It should have no inference with spark plugs, and it definitely shouldn't have any inference with #3 as the dip stick goes though the first loop of headers/manifold so it would be closest to #1 plug (but out of the way). Make sure it fully pops into the hole, then it bolts to the first top header stud or bolt.

Then enjoy actually trying to use the dipstick, you got to bend and guide it back into the tube with your hand when checking oil . Can't believe a vender hasn't come up with a new tube/dipstick yet.

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - L67 swap: VS cam, GenV. Needs exhaust (ETA 9/13) Build Progress
98 GTP - Some mods

Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
seems to me it would be easy to make the "Tube" Longer, tilted towards the rear of the car and use one of those ROPE" style dipsticks. My engine is Not Yet installed, so maybe I'll try something like that.
Tweeder

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I figured out where it supposed to go. My problem was that I had a stud in there instead of a bolt, so I switched it out and now it fits. I agree on a longer tube.

------------------
86 SE Convertible 3800sc 4t65e HD.

sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou6t4gto:

seems to me it would be easy to make the "Tube" Longer, tilted towards the rear of the car and use one of those ROPE" style dipsticks. My engine is Not Yet installed, so maybe I'll try something like that.

Seems like it would be pretty simple to modify the stock longer with a bend and use a longer dipstick. Just put a stock dipstick tube next to the modified tube and you can cut the longer dipstick to the right length and add the markings.

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - L67 swap: VS cam, GenV. Needs exhaust (ETA 9/13) Build Progress
98 GTP - Some mods

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock