clutch question by newfiejeff
Started on: 08-27-2013 05:42 AM
Replies: 3 (112 views)
Last post by: newfiejeff on 09-02-2013 03:55 PM
newfiejeff

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 05:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all, another question on a car that I haven't seen and yes I have been reading and searching and learned an awful lot on a car I don't own...lol

The question, on the car 1987 fiero that I am going to look at hopefully this Thursday, but definetly next week, how can the owner of the car know that the pushrod/plunger is the problem with the car not getting into gear? Can't it be air in the line, can't it be clutch problems. How does a plunger/pushrod give out unless the seal around it leaks or if the rod is bent. Can't it be linkage problems?
So the question, when I see the car, what should I look for, what should I hear if the clutch is pushed in, what should I feel in the pedal?
These maybe stupid questions, but I want to go and look stupid...don't comment on that...lol and know what I am looking for, hoping to get a better price.

Oh by the way, why would you have an alarm system in a Fiero?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jeff
Why start another thread? You are talking about the same car and the same problems....so if it stays with your original thread we can see the whole story.

Most of us have learned not to take the opinions of the owner too seriously when they are trying to sell a car. Whatever he says can probably be ignored, and you can do your own research. Some people know what they are doing, and others...not so much. The picture on the hood of the car tends to indicate you may be dealing with the 'not so much' type of owner.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/129904.html

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 08-27-2013).]

newfiejeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is true about the thread, thanks!!

This guy from what I can understand is 58, maybe had the car a while now, looks like he took decent care of it. He was going to swap the pushrod himself but lost interest or that is the story.
The hood I am sure cost him a few bucks, along with the alarm system and new radio/cd player. So I am guessing he took care of it.

I am only worried that it maybe more than a swap of the rod, then maybe a transmission job and the other concern that I have would be the engine cradle, there are no fiero's scrapped in my area. So I am tending to stay away from Fiero's that have bad cradles, I seen one last week with a hole coming in it.
newfiejeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2013 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey all, I just went and seen the car and its not for me. There are holes in the floor and other problems, just a bit too much work when you don't have garage to store it and really work on it for months. But anyways, I seen the problem with the clutch and it was bent push rod that is attached to the clutch, the clutch was about an inch or so below the brake.
I am going to make another post for another question shortly?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock