How do I post a PDF? by jrr
Started on: 08-26-2013 01:17 PM
Replies: 5 (142 views)
Last post by: hnthomps on 08-27-2013 06:36 PM
jrr

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jrrSend a Private Message to jrrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all. I have a 1988 Mera. Finally figured out the actual wiring for the Vitaloni mirrors. I'm sorry however I use this forum constantly and it is an amazing source for technical issues and answers, yet everything on the web for these mirrors to wire them to a GM Fiero is incorrect. I put together a diagram and wanted to post it with the actual wire to wire connections. Believe me it is near impossible to figure this out on your own. I took some of the information posted and used that as a start. How do I scan this diagram and post it here for others?
If I cant do this with a picture I will post it with just an explanation....JRR
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can't post a PDF directly on PFF. You could put a PDF on another server and then link to it.

Better, though, is to scan your diagram(s) in GIF or JPG image format and then upload them to PFF using PIP. (See the bottom of the main menu page for a link to download and install PIP on your computer. With a little more effort, you can use FTP instead of PIP.) GIF is generally a better image format choice for line drawings (like electrical schematics), while JPG is usually better for photos.

P.S. This thread probably should have been started in the TOT (Totally Off/Topic) GFC (General Fiero Chat) section.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 08-26-2013).]

Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's not off topic. PFF is pretty primitive regarding attachments and photos.
Expecting someone to convert a 50 page .PDF to page images and attach those individually isn't reasonable.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2013 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:
P.S. This thread should have been started in the TOT (Totally Off/Topic) section.

Those belong in the General Fiero Chat section. In this (the GFC) section you can also post threads about the forum itself. Or ask who the owner of that blue-with-polkadots Fiero is. Just as long as it's Fiero or Forum related.

Not really. Questions about the forum itself belong in GFC, not TOT.

Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

PFF is pretty primitive regarding attachments and photos.
Expecting someone to convert a 50 page .PDF to page images and attach those individually isn't reasonable.

Primitive maybe, but probably adequate for 99% of the pictures posted on PFF. The original thread title is How do I post a PDF?, but he then referred to "a diagram," so I naturally assumed that he was talking about a single sheet ... certainly fewer than "50 pages."

Originally posted by dobey:

Not really. Questions about the forum itself belong in GFC, not TOT.

You are right. I stand corrected.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 08-26-2013).]

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mera Vitaloni power mirror wiring diagram sent to you via e-mail (jpg and pdf formats).

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 08-27-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock