axles by WICKEDWILDFIERO
Started on: 08-26-2013 12:17 PM
Replies: 5 (744 views)
Last post by: WICKEDWILDFIERO on 03-25-2014 08:22 PM
WICKEDWILDFIERO

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WICKEDWILDFIEROSend a Private Message to WICKEDWILDFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi,
New guys here. I am Danny , my son is David . We are putting a 3.4 / 4t45e ( 2001 Grang Am GT ) in his 85 (2.5 / th125) and would like to know what axle combinations would work.THANX.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
WICKEDWILDFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WICKEDWILDFIEROSend a Private Message to WICKEDWILDFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum!

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...130314-2-113675.html

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 03-23-2014).]

ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish I could be of more help, but I jumped on the manual bandwagon with my swap.

I will say this though, if the engine is to remain stock, I see no reason to the transmission (that cam with the 3.4) should need to change. now if the plan is to start modding it, you have 2 options, there are companies making parts for the 4t45e, so you could rebuild it with beefier internals, or you could swap to a 4t65e, or you could do the manual thing. the 3rd if probably the most involved, but IMO yields the best results.

do you have a build thread?
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Drivers side, use the stock fiero axle you took out. The passenger side, IF you are Not using a 4t65e-HD, the stock axle "may" work as well. I used a 4t65e-HD, so I had to have an axle built because on the Heavy Duty trans, the pass side axle is about 20% larger in diameter than the stock axle. so a 'Stub" from a HD trans is coupled to a Fiero axle.
WICKEDWILDFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WICKEDWILDFIEROSend a Private Message to WICKEDWILDFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the suggestions. We have the transmission (4t44e) centered and are using two drivers side stock th125 axles.We have had both axles come out of the transmission while driving. I think axles one inch longer would solve the problem. We do not have a build thread,but we do have some pictures to post when we get around to it.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock