Mookeeh stainless exhaust eBay by Heinz_57_Fiero
Started on: 08-25-2013 08:05 PM
Replies: 31 (806 views)
Last post by: carbon on 08-28-2013 09:37 AM
Heinz_57_Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Heinz_57_FieroSend a Private Message to Heinz_57_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There have been several threads over the past two years regarding the Mookeeh exhaust system being sold on eBay. For those who have bought one of these systems, what was your impression of the product, and what if any muffler did you use? I am considering purchasing one if these myself and using a Borla stinger or X-RAY-1 multi core muffler where the CAT would normally be located.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look nice, but they are really proud of them aren't they? Sure a lot of money I think. Larry
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know you posted in a thread last year about this but you can PM ace5514 and ask him how well it worked. For the price it is a great kit. Here is the old thread:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/121850.html
Heinz_57_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Heinz_57_FieroSend a Private Message to Heinz_57_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Borla makes a pair of round mufflers which should work in place of the CAT - the XR1 multi core racing muffler or the Stinger universal. I'd like to know if the buyers installed the system as delivered or if they modified it in some way. How is it holding up after using it for a year?
GodSend

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one. overall i am pleased with it. was about 1/4 cost of what the local exhaus places wanted. For the 88 it did require a few small mods. The downpipe is not long enough so I had to get a local shop to lengthen it Added about 6 inches, the tab on the downpipe where the springs attach was too long (probably because of the slightly inpercise lenthening). I used a saw to chop off about an inch, it would rattle against the frame.

Quality wise everything seems good. I have it installed for over a year and there is very little surface rust, mostly on the flanges. the rest still looks plenty of shiney.

As for mufflers. I went with racing mufflers (i like the look the weaponr ones) . Right now I have them installed on a trial bases (clamped). With a little cutting I can get them 2 or 3 more inches inwards towards the body, but I need to remove a little material from the rear bumper cover.

I will post some photos shortly.
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought mine on auction and for what I paid, you can't beat it. The stainless pipe and bends might cost more. The welds look very nice (tig welded) and I plan to modify mine as I wrote in another post. Putting a muffler where the cat goes, I don't think is the best solution. Again I bought mine as a starting point. I will be using a cat in the stock location and some form of muffler. Right now I havee two stainless bbottle muffles but that might change. I have the ability and welders needed to make my alterations. Without a cat and or good muffler, I am sure it will be very loud. Another member did install his and if I remember correctly it was loud.
GodSend

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ran mine without any mufflers at all for 3 or 4 months. It was loud, but not unbearable (nothing like a Harley or anything like that).

Here are the mufflers I used :

carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
4 motorcycle silencers were cheaper than one car muffler?

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 08-26-2013).]

sco77

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GodSend, sorry but that is completely horrendous, it looks like something one of those Honda ricer kids would do.

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - L67 swap: VS cam, GenV. Needs exhaust (ETA 9/13) Build Progress
98 GTP - Some mods

ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sco77:

GodSend, sorry but that is completely horrendous, it looks like something one of those Honda ricer kids would do.

+1, if you can tuck it up under the bumper more, it might not look as bad...
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2013 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You mean, install an aftermarket muffler on their car? Oh, the horror.
PFF
System Bot
GodSend

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ericjon262:

+1, if you can tuck it up under the bumper more, it might not look as bad...

As mentioned, that is the plan. This is just the test fit.

GodSend

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

GodSend

861 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Similar to chroming the dog bone? Something like that?

Thanks for the input though dude.
GodSend

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

GodSend

861 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Originally posted by dobey:

You mean, install an aftermarket muffler on their car? Oh, the horror.

If they don't do it in Nascar its rice according to some people.
Heinz_57_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Heinz_57_FieroSend a Private Message to Heinz_57_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to those people who actually bought the system and responded to my questions. I was hoping to get some reliable information or other useful ideas from other buyers about how I might use this with a Borla, Magnaflow or perhaps Flowmaster dbx in the CAT location. Instead, the thread turned into mini-flame about ricey exhaust tips. Does anybody have something useful to add?
steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just be glad you didn't ask about how to get a 3800sc to run in the 11's !!!
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2013 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Heinz_57_Fiero:

Thanks to those people who actually bought the system and responded to my questions. I was hoping to get some reliable information or other useful ideas from other buyers about how I might use this with a Borla, Magnaflow or perhaps Flowmaster dbx in the CAT location. Instead, the thread turned into mini-flame about ricey exhaust tips. Does anybody have something useful to add?

Any reason to not just bolt in a new cat and muffler in the stock locations, assuming they need to be replaced? Is there some specific benefit you would expect to get from buying this race-only exhaust?
sco77

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GodSend:

Similar to chroming the dog bone? Something like that?

Thanks for the input though dude.

Exactly.. I NEVER chromed or polished a dog bone, EVER .. maybe if you actually looked through my thread before replying you would see that wasn't me posting that.

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - L67 swap: VS cam, GenV. Needs exhaust (ETA 9/13) Build Progress
98 GTP - Some mods

dematrix86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you have got to get a sound clip of that!!!!! Thats got to be one unique sound!! As far as ppl talking about polishing or chroming the dog bone, i go the fabricated method all aluminum with exposed welds. If i could find valve covers for my 3.4 in almn. with welds not ground down id have them. but then again its not everyone's taste just mine.

Originally posted by carbon:

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-27-2013 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Exactly.. I NEVER chromed or polished a dog bone, EVER .. maybe if you actually looked through my thread before replying you would see that wasn't me posting that.

No, you were polishing the blower casing. How much HP did that add?

Regardless, your comment was still unwarranted, and useless; not to mention, wildly incorrect.
GodSend

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Those aren't tips, those are actually full mufflers.
PFF
System Bot
GodSend

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dematrix86gt:

you have got to get a sound clip of that!!!!! Thats got to be one unique sound!! As far as ppl talking about polishing or chroming the dog bone, i go the fabricated method all aluminum with exposed welds. If i could find valve covers for my 3.4 in almn. with welds not ground down id have them. but then again its not everyone's taste just mine.

Actually I will try today. The silencers are obviously removable. I only have them installed because I still only have the resonator (instead of cat) so I wanted to tone it down a little.

I tried to record one previous time but the dident turn out so well.
GodSend

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

GodSend

861 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Originally posted by carbon:

I am not sure what cost has to do with anything. Where would you install the muffler on the system? (Not where the cat goes, because I need the cat to pass emissions).

They were not expensive at all. 200$ total cost.

http://www.carid.com/univer...-muffler-290713.html

Heinz_57_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Heinz_57_FieroSend a Private Message to Heinz_57_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Again:
For those who have bought one of these systems, what was your impression of the product, and what if any muffler did you use?
I'd like to know if the buyers installed the system as delivered or if they modified it in some way. How is it holding up after using it for a year?
If you haven't bought one, then why bother interjecting personal attacks or criticisms into the thread?
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-27-2013 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Again:
For those who have bought one of these systems, what was your impression of the product, and what if any muffler did you use?
I'd like to know if the buyers installed the system as delivered or if they modified it in some way. How is it holding up after using it for a year?

I don't know about in Canada, but in the US the system as sold is not legal for street use, and would need to have a cat and muffler installed in the factory location to be street legal. At that point you're basically just spending extra to get a cat-back exhaust with a muffler though, and it would probably be cheaper to just repair the factory system.

If everyone who has bought one (which isn't going to be that many people) did reply and said they hated it, and thought it was too expensive, too loud, etc… then what would you do as an alternative? You should also look up your local/provincial/federal laws in Canada to see if it is even legal to use on a street car, if that's your intended use. If it's a track-only car, then get it. It'll be what you want. If it's for a street car, it will be quite loud, and will likely result in an overwhelmingly rich smelling exhaust, due to the lack of a cat.
Heinz_57_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Heinz_57_FieroSend a Private Message to Heinz_57_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alberta has no province-wide emissions inspection program.
In Ontario emissions testing only applies to vehicles that are more than 3 model years old and less than 20 model years old.
GodSend

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In Ontario emissions testing only applies to vehicles that are more than 3 model years old and less than 20 model years old.

Not exactly true. In ontario an 88 still requires a etest every 2 years and will remain that way.

GodSend

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

GodSend

861 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Again:
If you haven't bought one, then why bother interjecting personal attacks or criticisms into the thread?

I gave you my answers to those questions. The mufflers i chose were perhaps not to your liking but the rest remains valid. I will snap some pics of the condition of when i have it up on the lift this weekend
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-27-2013 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Emissions testing, and emissions and noise control laws are not the same thing. For example, where I am, even though we do not have emissions testing, it is still illegal to remove the cat and mufflers on most all vehicles, regardless if they are old enough to meet the antique plates requirements or not.
GodSend

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not exactly true. In ontario an 88 still requires a etest every 2 years and will remain that way.

AL87

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
as for me, I think some clips for sound are needed to help sell this.

I plan to just have a cat at the end of the headpipe (thats at the end of the pipe where the stock cat is supposed to be)
and have a t-pipe setup acting as a muffler delete.
(I cant find anything small enough to fit where I want, and I dont want mufflers behind the tips, so its going at the end of the headpipe)
PFF
System Bot
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GodSend:

I am not sure what cost has to do with anything. Where would you install the muffler on the system? (Not where the cat goes, because I need the cat to pass emissions).

They were not expensive at all. 200$ total cost.

http://www.carid.com/univer...-muffler-290713.html

Wow... I've heard of resonator tips, but never full muffler... I meant it in good fun, they looked like adapted motorcycle exhaust and I thought you'd done something crazy, hence the

Others took it further. What ever suits your fancy, it's your car.

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 08-28-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock