3800 wiring questions by race9887
Started on: 08-25-2013 05:42 PM
Replies: 5 (400 views)
Last post by: race9887 on 08-25-2013 08:15 PM
race9887

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for race9887Send a Private Message to race9887Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Test fitting the harness for a 3800 swap that i purchased from a vendor on here.

Believe these are the crank and cam sensors but don't seem to have a plug on harness.

Believe that is the harness plug for the coil, but no way that plugs into this coil pack.

Would this be the wire plug and switch for the reverse lights just not matching? the trany is from a 92 Beretta, the harness plug is the same as the reverse light switch on a Isuzu we have here.
Everything else has a match, am I missing something here or is the harness?

------------------
Our projects

Fieros: 86 SE 3800 Series 2

Build Thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/121858.html

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jelly2m8

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See that rectangle connector showing behind your coil packs? There's a harness that plugs into that which has the crank and cam sensor and ICM plugs on it.
sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You need ICM harness, that contains the CPS and CAM sensor connectors, it also contains a wire that you may need for the tach signal.

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - L67 swap: VS cam, GenV. Needs exhaust (ETA 9/13) Build Progress
98 GTP - Some mods

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And that stock ICM harness - that has the Crank, Cam, Ground, ICM brick and 8 pin connector to your engine harness should reach if you mount the coil pack in the stock on engine location or if you move it to the front firewall because the ICM hits the rear deck lid.

Your VSS connector and Reverse Switch connectors need to be changed to the proper ones, or you need short swap tails. I can make them if you wish but you should check with your existing vendor (Dan) first.

-------
The ICM harness always includes the white tach signal wire. The nice way to wire for it is to populate position E in the 8 pin connector. It won't be populated if the donor harness car didn't have a tach signal. I would assume that is how Dan wired for the tach, so no extra wiring is needed to the ICM harness.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 08-25-2013).]

FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep need that short ignition module harness that almost all wreckers leave attached to the engine as it is a pain to remove so unless requested is not usually included in swap harnesses.
If you can't find one closer I can send you one. Dan

[This message has been edited by FIEROFLYER (edited 08-25-2013).]

race9887

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for race9887Send a Private Message to race9887Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks lots, I was sure I was just missing something. The VSS is correct the reverse switch I can just build a patch.

------------------
Our projects

Fieros: 86 SE 3800 Series 2

Build Thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/121858.html

[This message has been edited by race9887 (edited 08-25-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave