Started on: 08-25-2013 01:30 PM
Replies: 19 (956 views)
Last post by: wftb on 09-27-2013 03:29 PM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wondering if anyone has any RCC front lower "A" arms for sale

Or if anyone knows what ever happened to the tooling for RCC.

Or, any other current information on the above.

Thanks

Archie
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i sold a set of RCC fronts to member Soelasca .he was from Alberta i think .dont know if he ever used them or not .i did not like the lack of travel and the two piece lower control arms .i use a held sport kit with street dreams by ross (now doublec4 ) drop spindles .
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You didn't mention what year.

Arraut/West Shore has them for '88's
http://arrautmotorsports.co...pension-information/

I think these are the Held designed parts.

EDIT: I looked again and see they have front tubular control arms for 84-87 as well as the rear bump steer eliminator kit.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 08-26-2013).]

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Arraut = HT Motorsports = Held = Ryane, etc

The business (or at least, the tooling) has switched hands many times over the years.

That said, RCC went out of business right as I was going to buy one of their '84-87 bumpsteer kits. I wish such a thing were still available.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

... I was going to buy one of their '84-87 bumpsteer kits. I wish such a thing were still available.

Near bottom of page of link in above post.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That said, RCC went out of business right as I was going to buy one of their '84-87 bumpsteer kits. I wish such a thing were still available.

That said, It sends the wrong message when people say RCC went out of business. Darrell retired. When planning his retirement he attempted to sell RCC to several people. No one bought it at that time but he retired anyway.

There is a difference between retirement & going out of business. "Going out of business" (In the Fiero world anyway), is a negative statement that is commonly used for people like Lloyd & Dean & others. "Retirement" is a term for someone who has worked hard all his life & has saved enough money & has gotten old enough that he can achieve everyone's goal to quit working & enjoy the rest of his life doing what he wants to do.

Darrell Retired, Dean & others went out of business.

edited to add....... As a person gets older & begins to look toward retirement or semi-retirement, is it fair to his lifetime achievements for him to assume that others will say he "went out of business"?

Originally posted by fierosound:

You didn't mention what year.

We are looking for RCC lower "A" arm parts for 84 thru 87.

I'm aware of Held etc.....etc.....etc......we are not looking to rebuild the whole front end.... we are looking to repair or replace a broken part.

That's all.

Thanks

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 08-26-2013).]

Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Arraut = HT Motorsports = Held = Ryane, etc

The business (or at least, the tooling) has switched hands many times over the years.

The RCC lower front arms had adjustable caster. The caster adjustment itself, like their bump steer kit, was horribly engineered, but the capability was at least there.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
n/m

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 08-26-2013).]

lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,

The Sport Kit from Arraut/HELD/RAYNE is the same as the RCC front end. I actually swapped my RCC uppers on my 4.9 car that had frozen bushings with Arraut "Sport" uppers. The entire kit looks exactly like the RCC kit.
just scroll down to where it says "Sport Front Suspension"

What you mentioned about about replacing the whole front end is the "Slalom" kit which you put on my car back in '06.

Make sure you take measurements though since on one side the camber is off 2 degrees with the new control arms on one side only when my mechanic installed them. He couldn't adjust it enough. I was trying to sell the car so I didn't address the issue right away with Arraut...

[This message has been edited by lou_dias (edited 08-26-2013).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes that appears to be the same as the RCC lower "A" arm. But it doesn't have any camber adjustment.

Archie

Originally posted by lou_dias:

Archie,

The Sport Kit from Arraut/HELD/RAYNE is the same as the RCC front end. I actually swapped my RCC uppers on my 4.9 car that had frozen bushings with Arraut "Sport" uppers. The entire kit looks exactly like the RCC kit.
just scroll down to where it says "Sport Front Suspension"

What you mentioned about about replacing the whole front end is the "Slalom" kit which you put on my car back in '06.

Make sure you take measurements though since on one side the camber is off 2 degrees with the new control arms on one side only when my mechanic installed them. He couldn't adjust it enough. I was trying to sell the car so I didn't address the issue right away with Arraut...

lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Yes that appears to be the same as the RCC lower "A" arm. But it doesn't have any camber adjustment.

Archie

No it doesn't but as Will said, it was a "weak" implementation. One of my sides actually snapped and I had it re-welded and that may be why I'm off 2 degrees now. The Arraut piece while not adjustable, is stouter. He also is getting his parts powder-coated now.
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound: Near bottom of page of link in above post.

The Held bumpsteer kit and RCC bumpsteer kit are completely different. I have hands-on experience with the Held kit (installed it in a local club member's Fiero), and would not want to install that in my Fiero.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Held bumpsteer kit and RCC bumpsteer kit are completely different. I have hands-on experience with the Held kit (installed it in a local club member's Fiero), and would not want to install that in my Fiero.

If I may ask, what were the problems with the Held bump steer kit? I have one in my car and I would like to know what to look out for.
IFLYR22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IFLYR22Send a Private Message to IFLYR22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NM...

-Dave

[This message has been edited by IFLYR22 (edited 08-27-2013).]

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts: If I may ask, what were the problems with the Held bump steer kit?

I just don't like the way it's designed. Call me nit-picky, if you will. But that's what it boils down to.
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only obvious problem about it is that the acceleration and braking forces load the rod ends axially.

However, I've never played with one first hand.

The RCC bump steer kit I used to have on my car was a big pile of things that made me scratch my head. In the end, the design just doesn't work.
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

The only obvious problem about it is that the acceleration and braking forces load the rod ends axially.

However, I've never played with one first hand.

The RCC bump steer kit I used to have on my car was a big pile of things that made me scratch my head. In the end, the design just doesn't work.

The HELD kit hasn't failed me and it's been on the car for 6 years and have been oval-track racing it for the last 3 years...and it's got the 12" brake kit on it. I've had everything else fail around it.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I understand the debate (some REALLY good points made about questionable designs), but i think Archie is just trying to help a customer fix a broken part.

Maybe we should start by trying to track down Darrell and find out what happened to the tooling ?

Anybody got any leads on Darrell ??

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-28-2013).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 03:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie check your PM asap !
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the ryane held et al sport suspension lower front control arms would make a good replacement for the RCC lowers .both designs just mostly replicate the stock lower 84-87 design only in tubular steel .i never saw the reason for the adjustment on the RCC design and i dont miss it on my held set up .i made the slots longer for the ball joints in the upper arms and that gave me the camber adjustment i wanted .i have the held bumpsteer kit on the back now and my only complaint with it is it is heavy compared to my old RCC lower control arms .that makes the back of the car noisy going over bumps at slow speeds .i did not have the RCC bumpsteer kit before .on the highway the held kit is smooth and quiet and it does cure the bumpsteer .but i do not like the extra weight .

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock