TRUNK SEAL GAP REAR by fierobug
Started on: 08-25-2013 06:53 AM
Replies: 5 (423 views)
Last post by: fierobug on 08-25-2013 09:16 PM
fierobug

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will water leak into trunk if seal has 1/4 inch gap on both sides? WHERE DOES the WATER GO? Will get new one when I scrap up the money or birthday?. I don't feel any water on floor of trunk after washing. Thanks for any help.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobug:

Will water leak into trunk if seal has 1/4 inch gap on both sides? WHERE DOES the WATER GO? Will get new one when I scrap up the money or birthday?. I don't feel any water on floor of trunk after washing. Thanks for any help.

What year and body style?

fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is a 1987 gt. Seal is shrunk on sides - leaving a gap.
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The GT uses a plastic "D" filler piece on each side to square off the trunk opening compared to the notchie. The trunk seal attaches to them, leaving a gap between the seal and the bodywork. This is normal. The water hits the top of the filler and just runs out.
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobug:

It is a 1987 gt. Seal is shrunk on sides - leaving a gap.

I too have an 87 GT....when I had a leak into the trunk, it was from water dripping down thru the bolts that hold the wing on. I ended up caulking that area.

fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you seajai for the information. The seal is split towards the engine, but I can order one from infinitewill when I get the cash. Also thank you 92wastheyear, I'll caulk the bolts from the wing before it starts leaking.

[This message has been edited by fierobug (edited 08-25-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock