Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  One Exhaust manifold is white on the inside?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
One Exhaust manifold is white on the inside? by zkhennings
Started on: 08-24-2013 11:16 PM
Replies: 2 (350 views)
Last post by: zkhennings on 08-25-2013 04:10 PM
zkhennings

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2013 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zkhenningsSend a Private Message to zkhenningsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Upon taking apart some of my engine today (4000 miles on it, it is new, injectors were not new though) I found a white residue on the inside of the firewall exhaust manifold. What could cause this? I am not burning any coolant. The other side appeared normal. Are the 2 sides of injectors controlled separately or do all 6 batch fire at once? All six of the plugs look exactly the same. Just wondering what it could be, I was planning on flow testing my injectors anyways so this works out perfectly.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sleevePAPA

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sleevePAPASend a Private Message to sleevePAPAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that indicates a lean condition, usually an exhaust leak.
zkhennings

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zkhenningsSend a Private Message to zkhenningsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are the two injector banks controlled separately? I don't see how they could be with only one O2 sensor in which case both sides would be running lean. I really do not think I have an exhaust leak, there is no indication of an exhaust leak (soot or other residue around joints or on the exhaust pipe. I will test my injectors today and hopefully that is the issue.

Also seriously all 6 plugs look identical I can post a picture. None of them look like they have been getting super hot. Could this have been a problem 4000 miles ago when the engine was new and now it is fine and the residue remains, or is there no way and the residue has to be recent? Because when I was first running my engine it was running a little lean on that side ( I could tell by the exhaust manifolds glowing) but then once the injectors cleaned themselves out it stopped after like 30 miles of driving.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock