3800sc /auto axle Question by Lou6t4gto
Started on: 08-24-2013 05:30 PM
Replies: 9 (310 views)
Last post by: Lou6t4gto on 08-26-2013 10:24 AM
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2013 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm using the HD automatic that came with my 1997 Riviera 3800SC. I already put in the driver side axle, (original fiero axle).
I Bought a new Drivers side STICK Axle for the passenger side. Exactly Which CUP do I need to make this work ?? ( seems it has to be the" large spline" shaft going in, and a Cup for the "small rollers") What is it, and "Where" can I get one ? Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2013 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I assume you have the 4t65e-hd trans and not the 4t65e or 4t60... I believe you want the 4t65e-hd passenger cup, the 4t65e-hd drivers axle and a manual fiero outer cup. Of course variation is based on where the engine/trans is mounted (which venxor mounts).

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2013 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 4t65e-hd Stock" Cup" takes the Large Tripod (I have a stock one, the shaft is right but the cup is too large ), the Fiero Stick "Tripod " is the small one. I need a CUP that has the large input shaft and the cup for the small tripod. I've seen it mentioned as a cup from a "W" body. (What is a "W" body ?)
85GT_3800SC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2013 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85GT_3800SCSend a Private Message to 85GT_3800SCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will the tripot assembly from the Riviera swap onto the Fiero stick shaft?? Then also use the larger Riviera cup?
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2013 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tripod from the Riviera is too big for the fiero shaft. the stick fiero shaft is bigger than the automatic fiero shaft, but smaller than the Riviera.
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the Riviera axle is also too long to use.
black88fiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for black88fieroSend a Private Message to black88fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou6t4gto:

The 4t65e-hd Stock" Cup" takes the Large Tripod (I have a stock one, the shaft is right but the cup is too large ), the Fiero Stick "Tripod " is the small one. I need a CUP that has the large input shaft and the cup for the small tripod. I've seen it mentioned as a cup from a "W" body. (What is a "W" body ?)

wbody are grandprixs regals impalas monte carlos and intrigues
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The size difference between the HD tripot and the "Stick axle" is .07" ,tripot hole being bigger. So, the GTP "Cup", has the HD "axle size", and the Fiero stick "Tripot size" ? I Just want to be sure of this Before I go buy one. Thanks
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe that the only two axles/cups that work are the Grand Prix and the Regal.
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Now to find one !

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock