W toant install a/c by f85gtron
Started on: 08-23-2013 01:16 PM
Replies: 6 (185 views)
Last post by: f85gtron on 08-24-2013 06:06 AM
f85gtron

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for f85gtronSend a Private Message to f85gtronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all...
85 gt notchie
No factory a/c.
I want to install a/c. I searched posts and only found this subject in archived form, one from 2001 and one from 2008. In both, no one clearly defined what systems work best, what doner cars are suitable, and so on....
It's next to impossible to pull from a doner fiero nowdays, so what about s10 and firebirds? Also, what about the 12v commpressers that are out now for hybrids?
How many btu's for the fiero?
Btw, neighsayers, I will not give up....I'm in georgia...we need it in the winter here too!
Ron
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by f85gtron:

It's next to impossible to pull from a doner fiero nowdays, so what about s10 and firebirds?

Though some of the mechanicals may work, you're still going to need the HVAC box/ducting and controls and likely the A/C lines under the car from a Fiero.

I couldn't get a new evaporator for my Indy - had to get used. I've replaced virtually everything (new condenser this spring) and after 6 years still don't have it working right.
Works great when freshly recharged, but pressure disappears in a week with no visible leaks under a black light.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 08-23-2013).]

Stubby79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No factory A/C on a GT? Is that normal for an '85?
f85gtron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for f85gtronSend a Private Message to f85gtronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

2 more threads

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...110502-2-107662.html

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...090219-2-085157.html

thanks for the threads.
The first one didn't get any further than the ones from before.
The second....well, uh, that was a little tmi....and, with all the theoretical this and that.....they STILL didn't answer the question with application...just theory.

I think i'm just going to have to do it and prove theory wronge! If it works, I'll do a write up, if it fails, you'll never know
Ron
f85gtron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for f85gtronSend a Private Message to f85gtronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

f85gtron

657 posts
Member since Jul 2013

Originally posted by Stubby79:

No factory A/C on a GT? Is that normal for an '85?

If it's not, I WANT MY $350 BACK!
f85gtron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2013 06:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for f85gtronSend a Private Message to f85gtronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I can't remember where I found this pic, but this would be perfect for my application! I figure I could make one by making a crude blank and having one vaccume formed at a sign shop... Then I stay true to the "purists' code" (bolt on/off) and don't have to screw around with air box changing/breaking old plastic thingies.

Our KW day cabs run 1.5 ton capacity systems and the can is approximately the same volume as the fiero, so, how does that translate into btu's? That's just what's stamped on the expansion valve...it may not actually have that capacity...

Conventional route: which compressor should be used with the 85 2.8?

[This message has been edited by f85gtron (edited 08-24-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock