Rebuilt? by jhgraham
Started on: 08-19-2013 09:58 PM
Replies: 3 (130 views)
Last post by: Arns85GT on 08-20-2013 04:08 PM
jhgraham

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2013 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jhgrahamClick Here to visit jhgraham's HomePageSend a Private Message to jhgrahamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Guys…I bought my 86 V6 Fiero 2.5 months ago. 128 K miles. Runs absolutely perfect. Idle at 1K shifts a little hard from cold start, has a little rod bearing side slop but runs great, oil is not below 20 at adle.. Anyway to tell if my engine has been rebuilt and the mileage since? Just wondering as I have no records
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hobodude34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2013 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hobodude34Send a Private Message to hobodude34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Side slop in the rod is normal, i would plastigage the bearings to make sure there is the right clearance. not really a set way to tell if it has been rebuilt other then seeing what the bearings look like and what brand they are also how the cylinders look and if they have cross hatch still.
jhgraham

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2013 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jhgrahamClick Here to visit jhgraham's HomePageSend a Private Message to jhgrahamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Correction, I bought my car 2.5 YEARS ago. The bearings are fine according to the mechanic when I had the oil pump changed to try and get more pressure. Changing the OP to high volume caused no change in oil pressure. I was concerned with 20/23 psi mechanical gage at 1K idle. Light does not come on. Thanks for the input but it would be nice to know if it was rebuilt at some time. Of course I put 140K on my 85 and it still ran very good so I will assume it has not been rebuilt.
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2013 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The best way to tell is to run a compression test on the cylinders. A drip down test is a good idea, but a straight old compression test will tell you what you want to know.

Arn

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock