oil pressure by IIKool
Started on: 08-18-2013 11:02 AM
Replies: 5 (206 views)
Last post by: IIKool on 08-21-2013 08:29 AM
IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Having a problem with my oil pressure gauge gone wild. The gauge reading are outta site high. Does anyone have a handle on this? Gauge, oil pressure switch, or sending unit? Also need to know where these are located. Sorry I forgot to mention this is a 3800SC lll.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
more than likely it is just the sending unit, that would be the first place to start.
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Call Robert at GT Service.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2013 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw your post in the other thread, so like you, I didn't want to hijack it.

I don't know where the sending unit is on the 3800 conversion, but when you find it, see if you can't substitute a mechanical dial type oil pressure gauge in it's place, just to check oil pressure and to take the electrical circuitry out of the picture. They're cheap. Usually under $15.00. Many of them come with long nylon tubes so you don't have to install it down underneath the car.

Check the pressure at cold startup and then again once the engine has reached operating temperature. Then you'll have some reference points to tell if your electric circuit is operating correctly.
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2013 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree, the oil sending unit....Dirty,Grity oil will clog the sending unit,giveing it a false reading.Fairly easy fix.
IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2013 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys, what I,m planning to do is to install a three gauge mechanical unit in the some where in the trunk. Right now all gauges are electric it will be good to have mechanical backup units

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock