Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Blowing Flames on down shift throwing load back on the motor.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Blowing Flames on down shift throwing load back on the motor. by dematrix86gt
Started on: 08-17-2013 10:02 PM
Replies: 5 (168 views)
Last post by: dematrix86gt on 08-18-2013 02:41 PM
dematrix86gt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guessing its time for a new exhaust. Down shifted just before pulling into my driveway and neighbors said it blew flames out the tailpipes. heard a dull, low sounding rumble guess thats when it did it. Gives me a opportunity ive been needing to buy that spintech and take that cat off. Anyone else have a problem with unloading (backracking) and blowing flames?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dematrix86gt:

Anyone else have problema with unloading (backracking) and blowing flames?

I wish I had that problem

[This message has been edited by nitroheadz28 (edited 08-17-2013).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dont replace it - just getting broken in!
Brucepts

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceptsClick Here to visit Brucepts's HomePageSend a Private Message to BruceptsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dematrix86gt:

Guessing its time for a new exhaust. Down shifted just before pulling into my driveway and neighbors said it blew flames out the tailpipes. heard a dull, low sounding rumble guess thats when it did it. Gives me a opportunity ive been needing to buy that spintech and take that cat off. Anyone else have a problem with unloading (backracking) and blowing flames?

How does this relate to it blowing flames?

Flames would come from raw gas not burnt exhaust, so you have something before the exhaust creating problems to have gas getting into the exhaust I'm thinking?

------------------
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
http://www.flowbenchtech.com

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 86 SE does this - the back manifold has a small leak from a exhaust bolt that keeps loosening and a bad gasket.
dematrix86gt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it doesnt . it just justifys the buying of a new exhaust system. we always have to have a excuse, flames are better than anything!!!!

Originally posted by Brucepts:

How does this relate to it blowing flames?

Flames would come from raw gas not burnt exhaust, so you have something before the exhaust creating problems to have gas getting into the exhaust I'm thinking?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock