How low is my Fiero??? (Pictures) by Str8lineJKing
Started on: 08-15-2013 03:48 PM
Replies: 16 (577 views)
Last post by: crashyoung on 08-17-2013 07:07 PM
Str8lineJKing

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Str8lineJKingSend a Private Message to Str8lineJKingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all. When i bought the car i was told it was lowered but i have no idea how much it was lowered. It does not appear to have cut springs as it looks like an actual lowering kit. I love the height of the rear of the car. But as you can see in the pictures, the front is about an inch or two higher than the rear. I was just curious to see what other peoples lowered fieros looked like and how much it was lowered. I have tried finding the stock ride height to no avail.

I have not taken measurements yet. But i will just after i post this new topic to compare actual ride heights.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks completely stock height to me....just like mine

Str8lineJKing

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Str8lineJKingSend a Private Message to Str8lineJKingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok so i got some actual measurments.

From the ground the the top of the wheel arch

Front 27.8 inches

Rear 26.1 inches

I would measure the front at the crossmember but i cant get under it far enough to measure accurately.
Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Str8lineJKing:

Ok so i got some actual measurments.

From the ground the the top of the wheel arch

Front 27.8 inches

Rear 26.1 inches

I would measure the front at the crossmember but i cant get under it far enough to measure accurately.

Measure it from the center of the wheel to the top of the wheel arch, otherwise you'll only be able to compare to other people with exactly the same tire size.
Str8lineJKing

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Str8lineJKingSend a Private Message to Str8lineJKingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steven Snyder:

Measure it from the center of the wheel to the top of the wheel arch, otherwise you'll only be able to compare to other people with exactly the same tire size.

Thanks good idea. Even though i have the stock 205 on front and 215 rear i think.

But the measurements are 15.6 ish inches on front and just under 14 on rear.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks stock to me....
Str8lineJKing

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Str8lineJKingSend a Private Message to Str8lineJKingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, since it looks stock. Does anyone know what the actual number for the stock ride hight is? Like someone with access to Alldata or ShopKey
Damorgan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DamorganSend a Private Message to DamorganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is my lowered Fiero on 17 inch wheels.....
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Damorgan:

Paint needs work...but love those rims!! Do you have a profile view? How much was this lowered?
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Str8lineJKing:
Does anyone know what the actual number for the stock ride hight is? Like someone with access to Alldata or ShopKey

The service manual states that regardless which stock wheel and tire combo you have, the distance from the ground to the underside of the rocker panel should be as follows:

193 mm (7.6") high at a location 500 mm (19.7") behind the centerline of the front wheel; and

186 mm (7.3") high at a location 573 mm (22.5") ahead of the centerline of the rear wheel.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Damorgan:

...after the zombie apocalypse.

------------------
Jonathan

'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun!
My '85 L67 Build Thread

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 08-15-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
Damorgan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DamorganSend a Private Message to DamorganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

...after the zombie apocalypse.

lol The Fiero wont let you down..that often lol
BillS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BillSSend a Private Message to BillSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can also measure to the roof - 48" IIRC. Need a long level though.
Damorgan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DamorganSend a Private Message to DamorganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry Neil just now saw that you commented, Ill be taking pictures of it to give you a better idea and tbh I have no idea what its lowered to but Ill try and get a measurement for you
rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the sparks don't fly you're too F-ing high !
30+mpg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
crashyoung

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashyoungSend a Private Message to crashyoungEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where is the pop/beer can for perspective??!!??

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock