Will these fit? by XThirtySeven
Started on: 08-15-2013 04:09 AM
Replies: 8 (382 views)
Last post by: XThirtySeven on 09-04-2013 05:27 PM
XThirtySeven

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 04:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XThirtySevenSend a Private Message to XThirtySevenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did search before posting and it looks like I'ill be ok out back, I'm more curious about the fronts. I have a fender roller so I will do that first. I plan on lowering the car 2 inches but I want to be able to crank the front wheel without them touching the fender during a U Turn. Wheels are 18x9 ET25 what tires should I run? Prefer not to stretch. Anyone running similar set ups? How is the handing?

Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/motor...view&id=200923693743
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 06:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fender roller? To roll the fender edge to keep from cutting the tire? How does that work on plastic fenders?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tesmith66:
... How does that work on plastic fenders?

It doesn't.

I wouldn't buy those wheels. They're going to stick way the heck out.
I think I can guess where you're going with this. There is not enough negative camber available to tuck the edges in.
TONY_C

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TONY_CSend a Private Message to TONY_CEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those will not fit in the rear either, even if you install coilovers.
XThirtySeven

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XThirtySevenSend a Private Message to XThirtySevenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tesmith66:

Fender roller? To roll the fender edge to keep from cutting the tire? How does that work on plastic fenders?

Doh! I'm a noob didn't even think about that. Man that makes me sad I really really like that style of wheel. Single piece deep dish 5 spoke. It looks so aggressive. Thanks for the advice guys
XThirtySeven

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XThirtySevenSend a Private Message to XThirtySevenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like I may have found an alternative in the same style.

18x8.5 ET42 (Custom Offset, the guy at Klutch Republik said he could try to make them for me since 42 isnt offered in 5x100)

Would it be possible to stuff 18x9.5 in the rear? I have coilovers so no spring perches to worry about.

What offset would I have to do without poking too much on a 9.5? Will 42 work since I have coilovers or can I go higher to avoid poke?

What would be optimal offsets for front and rear with 8.5?

What tire size do you guys recommend?

Glad I found this chart
//images.fiero.nl/2012/wheeloffset.jpg

The wheels I will be getting

http://shop.klutchrepublik.com/products/sl5-silver

XThirtySeven

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XThirtySevenSend a Private Message to XThirtySevenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really would like some advice before I drop $1 tomorrow at my buddies shop for him to order them. Thank you in advance
TONY_C

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TONY_CSend a Private Message to TONY_CEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
9.5" wide rims with the proper offset to clear even modified struts (coilovers) will stick out way too far to look right. I have 17 x 7 Scion Rims on my 84 (88 rear cradle) and they miss hitting my coilovers by about 1/4" and the outer edge of the tire is flush with the fender. So if you could put you 9.5" rim as close to the coilover as my rims are, you would stick out 2.5" past the rear quarter.
XThirtySeven

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XThirtySevenSend a Private Message to XThirtySevenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TONY_C:

9.5" wide rims with the proper offset to clear even modified struts (coilovers) will stick out way too far to look right. I have 17 x 7 Scion Rims on my 84 (88 rear cradle) and they miss hitting my coilovers by about 1/4" and the outer edge of the tire is flush with the fender. So if you could put you 9.5" rim as close to the coilover as my rims are, you would stick out 2.5" past the rear quarter.

Thank you Tony. I ended up ordering the 18x8.5 ET42 57.1. Worst comes to worst I will put them on my CC and sell my Bentley Wheels.

What do you guys recommend as far as tire size on a 18x8.5? 215/40 front and 245/40 rear? Also what brand and model?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock