Air intake solution by FieroGT-987
Started on: 08-10-2013 06:02 PM
Replies: 8 (418 views)
Last post by: benoitmalenfant on 08-13-2013 09:35 PM
FieroGT-987

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT-987Send a Private Message to FieroGT-987Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took out the water eliminator thing in the wheel well because it is somewhat air restrictive. I left the space open so the stock air filter box just gets air from under the car i guess.. Would it be better to leave it like this or just throw on a 90 degree pipe and air intake filter. I think the filter would sound a bit better too
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Brucepts

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceptsClick Here to visit Brucepts's HomePageSend a Private Message to BruceptsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGT-987:

I took out the water eliminator thing in the wheel well because it is somewhat air restrictive.

Curious how you know this is restrictive?

Might be surprised to find it will flow more air than a stock engine requires . . . like 389cfm@28"

------------------
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
http://www.flowbenchtech.com

Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just put a hose from the filter housing to the side air intake. You leave the 90 degree bend on the bottom of the air canister housing and you'll have somewhere to put a hard or flex tube to. If you removed the 90 degree bend under the air intake housing you're just creating more work.

You're not going to see much better air flow with the "silencer's" removal. More you're just going to hear the intake more.
FieroGT-987

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT-987Send a Private Message to FieroGT-987Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks a lot fiero84freak!
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is what I did, but it was for my 3800na. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/129545.html

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

Shonyman32

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shonyman32Send a Private Message to Shonyman32Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is your gas mileage on you 3800 na?
BillS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BillSSend a Private Message to BillSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It isn't restrictive, so it doesn't accomplish anything to remove it.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From Rodney Dickman, $40 bucks. I bought this, very pleased with the quality:

http://rodneydickman.com/ca...th=22&products_id=70

benoitmalenfant

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benoitmalenfantSend a Private Message to benoitmalenfantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been discussed in different threads over the year.

This one with images: //www.fiero.nl/forum/A...021104-2-025146.html

On a stock V6, won't make much of a difference (some talk about a negligable gain in HP and lost torque) other than a bit more intake sound.

[This message has been edited by benoitmalenfant (edited 08-13-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock