Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  A/C system, flushing question on 2 line hose between compressor and disconnect block

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
A/C system, flushing question on 2 line hose between compressor and disconnect block by hdryder
Started on: 08-10-2013 02:09 PM
Replies: 1 (191 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 08-10-2013 07:49 PM
hdryder

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hdryderSend a Private Message to hdryderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in the process of flushing all the lines/hoses, condenser, and evaporator on the '87 GT 5-speed, before putting it back together with a new compressor, accumulator and O-tube. Using: A/C Pro - Power Clean & Flush in a 17 oz. can.

Is the small cylinder on the high pressure side (smaller line) of the two hose unit that goes between the compressor and the disconnect block (under the air box), an expansion tank of some sort?
Is that smaller line flushable with that little tank/cylinder?

I just wanted to check before flushing it.

Thanks for the help.

[This message has been edited by hdryder (edited 08-11-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The little cylinder thing is a muffler. It's hollow.
I read that you are not supposed to flush it, but I flushed mine. I just made very sure to get all of the moisture out of it.
I forget what I used. Probably brake cleaner. The main thing is that I didn't want any particles to be left behind.
After I did that, I heated it up with a torch to evaporate any liquid that might still be inside it.
If you do that, be very careful not to heat up the hoses too much.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock