another e-brake question by woodyhere
Started on: 08-05-2013 09:59 PM
Replies: 2 (146 views)
Last post by: woodyhere on 08-06-2013 11:51 AM
woodyhere

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the Lebaron swap. The rear calipers are Sevillle. I have gotten a lot of good info from the forum archives. The brakes seem to be self adjusting? If I hold the brake pedal down and work the e-brake handle a bunch of times it only becomes so tight. Probable 6 or 7 clicks. I have had the car apart for way to many years to remember what is normal. I am wondering if the rebuilt calipers are adjusting like they should. I did the initial "Ogre's' manual adjust which seemed to work as he had discribed. Am I looking for trouble where there is non?

Thanks for your help,

Woody

------------------
woodys 427

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the Seville calipers are on the front side of the rotor, they adjust automatically as you use the brake pedal

If they are mounted behind the rotor, you have to put the car in reverse and apply the brake at some speed to activate the adjuster.

If you get a caliper adjusting kit, and bottom the caliper piston like on a Ford, the gear will miss the teeth and it won't work at all.

You need the piston to go down most of the way but not all the way, maybe about 1 turn out.

You can get the caliper adjusting kit at the loan a tool places. Here in Ontario it is Partsource. but there are others.

Hope this helps

Arn
woodyhere

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Woody

------------------
woodys 427

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay