GT nose by jhgraham
Started on: 08-05-2013 09:48 AM
Replies: 14 (417 views)
Last post by: hcforde on 08-06-2013 11:30 AM
jhgraham

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jhgrahamClick Here to visit jhgraham's HomePageSend a Private Message to jhgrahamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are there any ways of fixing the nose warping on the GT style nose, front bumper? Are there new ones avaiable? It bugs me but it is not anythig I have not seen on most other GT'"s.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've heard where people have used Styrofoam to support the area where it sags, but you'd have to cut and position it pretty carefully. There are some aftermarket replacements available as well.
AL87

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I use a towel on top of the impact webbing
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no there are no new ones avalable that I know of. You can fix the one you have,with flixible body putty or find a better replacement at the wrecking yard. Then theirs a Ferrari replica front end. Manufacturers of these kits will sell you just the nose,if thats all you want.....maybe someone has a link.

[This message has been edited by James Bond 007 (edited 08-05-2013).]

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took my aero noes to the http://www.topix.com/yp/san...755d-the-bumper-shop and they have a process that fixes the shape of the "plastic" parts. It involves with dipping the parts in a heated solution as the parts have a memory and they go back into shape. The place also repairs splits or broken tabs, removes the paint and it came back looking like a NOS part. It was about $250 about six years ago. There should be other places in the uS that does similar work.
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.andysautosport.c...ns/exdm09500700.html

No experience with them, but they look good.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post08-05-2013 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero store has new ones: http://www.fierostore.com/P.../Detail.aspx?s=68912

They are unfortunately urethane though, so you'll have the same issues again at some point.

You can get a fiberglass one from http://fierofiberglass.com/...es/FrontBumpers.html
It should avoid any potential sagging problems, but will be more prone to cracking and such, if anything bumps into it (if you parallel park, or scrape a cement stop with it, or anything like that).
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post08-05-2013 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dobey

11572 posts
Member since Sep 2001

Originally posted by NetCam:

http://www.andysautosport.c...ns/exdm09500700.html

No experience with them, but they look good.

The actual bumper you'd get if you bought one, looks pretty saggy and not so great, in those pics. The pics of actual cars, are probably actually OEM stock bumpers in good condition.

Also, if you search for info about the duraflex products on this forum, and some others, you'll find plenty of reviews that don't favor them. A lot of fitment issues and such, and extreme work to be done to make the bumpers fit.
jhgraham

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jhgrahamClick Here to visit jhgraham's HomePageSend a Private Message to jhgrahamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The warpage that bugs me as shown is not very bad but noticable. Should I be concerned?

Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A whole lot of aero front fascias look like that over time. It's fairly common. It's primarily because of the aero nose's design with it having a lot of weight on the bottom and the material it's made out of is why it flexes, but other factors along with it including changes in temperature is what makes it flex like it does.

dematrix86gt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
was reading in one post that Amida has inserts to correct this. cant remember which post it was
PFF
System Bot
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
when I switched from a standard coupe nose to a GT nose, I didnt have the proper insert. so, I know its kinda crude, but I used "Great Stuff" expanding foam.
dematrix86gt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That stuff fixes a multitude of sins!!!!! Seen alot of build threads that start with the stuff!

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

when I switched from a standard coupe nose to a GT nose, I didnt have the proper insert. so, I know its kinda crude, but I used "Great Stuff" expanding foam.

MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get a fiberglass one here: http://fierofiberglass.com/...es/FrontBumpers.html

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

hcforde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hcfordeSend a Private Message to hcfordeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you can do with out your car for a few days take the nose off, put it nose down on a soft blanket and fill it gently with small rocks in a warm place, let the sun gently do its work. You can then support the nose however you wish. Just be sure you give the expanding foam a place to go when you use it, otherwise you can have disastrous results. The stuff is stronger than you may realize. Use it as support but not to force fill out the bumper.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock