Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Tps Sensor Codes and running like a piece!!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Tps Sensor Codes and running like a piece!! by The FiFi
Started on: 08-04-2013 12:58 PM
Replies: 9 (347 views)
Last post by: phonedawgz on 08-06-2013 12:06 AM
The FiFi

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FiFiSend a Private Message to The FiFiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please Help!!! Replaced the map sensor and the Egr valve and also the Tps sensor!!! Still getting codes 22-33 and the car is running like a piece when the check engine light comes on when driving occasionally!! Not sure what to do I think it's the tps sensor!!! I'm about to take my Ak 47 to my 1987 Gt 2.8 if not fixed soon!!! It's a rebuilt Jasper motor with 3000 miles on and a 3yr 100,000 warranty!!! I absolutely love this car just want to get it running right!!! I live in Pittsburgh and I'm willing to accept help!!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum! First thing is to relax a little...
The FiFi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FiFiSend a Private Message to The FiFiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm trying ,just have to store the car in the winter and want to enjoy it!! Thanks..
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Disconnect the ECM next to the battery, re-connect and drive around a little....get it up to 40 mph or so. The computer should re-program a few things. Then check for codes.

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 08-04-2013).]

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Code 22 = TPS low volt
Code 33 = MAP low volt

Btw, these two, and only these two sensors use a 5V source, and a ground reference from the ECM for the sensors to use.

hmmm

So here are my thoughts.

1 - You have a worn wire somewhere that is allowing the +5v supply from the ECM to get shorted to ground. The +5v is the gray wire on both the TPS and MAP sensor.
2 - You have a bad ECM not sending out the +5v correctly
3 - There is a high resistance break in the wiring from the ECM to the MAP/TPS. Since that break appears to be affecting both sensors, the break would have to be between the splice where the wiring splits and the ECM. Most likely place for this kind of failure is at the connector itself.

Are you any good at reading voltages with a meter? Look for the +5 at the MAP and TPS. Backprobe the connector with harness still plugged into the sensor. Test with the key on, but the engine can be off. Less than 4.8v = bad

The FiFi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FiFiSend a Private Message to The FiFiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I tested both gray power wires and I am only getting 1volt readings from the Tps and Map sensors.. What now?? Thanks
The FiFi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FiFiSend a Private Message to The FiFiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The FiFi

7 posts
Member since Aug 2013
Also change the oil sending unit and can't figure out
the wiring don't have the right adapter just the wires can't figure out the pattern.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you get the 88 Oil sender?

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...110502-2-104250.html
The FiFi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FiFiSend a Private Message to The FiFiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!!
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unplug both sensors, and unplug the ECM. Check for resistance between the gray wire and engine ground. It should be infinite.

If not infinite, you need to fix the problem.

If it tests infinitie swap your ECM.

I can sell you a used good ECM for $40 + $10 shipping if you are interested.

You will have to swap your existing PROM into the replacement ECM. By the way your existing prom is not causing the low voltage on your 5v buss.

paypal the money to gofast@reddevilriver.com if you want to buy my ECM.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock