Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Power lock actuators only lock but wont unlock just getting click noise from relay.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Power lock actuators only lock but wont unlock just getting click noise from relay. by jrr
Started on: 08-02-2013 01:27 PM
Replies: 1 (157 views)
Last post by: jb1 on 08-03-2013 03:23 AM
jrr

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jrrSend a Private Message to jrrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I installed a set of actuators I just bought used. My Fiero was flooded so the old set was rusted. I also took apart the relay and it looks good. I cleaned the contacts and re-soldered the end.. After completely installing both sides they will both only lock the doors. When I try to use the unlock button I only get a clicking from the relay. What do I do next? Second Issue I also I repaired the inside switch on the door lock. after completely taking apart the door lock to get at it. (Not fun). Seems it is activated when the door is open or closed via the lock plate which comes down on the switch. The switch works (checked it on a meter) but not sure what this switch is for. Is it for the locks or for lights? It is a separate wire set that goes into the door and then through the front jamb.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 03:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
use a meter and check what you are getting at the actuator, the polarity will be backwards from lock.. make sure you are getting power and ground..

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a
My Build

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay