How to tell if PCM is fried or not? by Tweeder
Started on: 08-02-2013 01:28 AM
Replies: 4 (352 views)
Last post by: Tweeder on 08-02-2013 06:13 PM
Tweeder

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In hptuners I'm getting an unable to locate vcm, verify the cable is connected and the key is in run. I verified power to the obdII, and the mpvi is seeing power and the computer bings when the USB is connected. It has connected no problem the ladt two days. With the KOEO, there are idiot lights on the dash. I'm doing a 3800sc swap and haven't gotten it running yet(vats). I have emailed support and am awaiting a response, I read that possibly the PCM is fried,thus the questioning on how to tell if te PCM is nfg.

------------------
86 SE Convertible 3800sc 4t65e HD.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One indication would be if the fuel pump relay stopped working. It should come on for two seconds after you turn the key on, and then it should turn off. If you just bump the starter it should come on for two seconds again and then turn off.
Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

One indication would be if the fuel pump relay stopped working. It should come on for two seconds after you turn the key on, and then it should turn off. If you just bump the starter it should come on for two seconds again and then turn off.

Yeah that's what it does, so obviously the vats is still enabled and the PCM is alright. I don't know what to do, I followed the instructions as per hptuners. Unless the alarm system is killing it but I don't think it's that. I have spark and injector power I just need fuel.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Tweeder (edited 08-02-2013).]

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Send it to someone to program it. They will have already have all the issues figured out of what needs to be programmed out. $40 for a 97 PCM from me if you are interested in doing it where you don't have to send it across the boarder. If I were you I'd send it to Ryan Gick, Sinister Performance sp1@gmtuners.com and have it done correctly. One and done.
Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

Send it to someone to program it. They will have already have all the issues figured out of what needs to be programmed out. $40 for a 97 PCM from me if you are interested in doing it where you don't have to send it across the boarder. If I were you I'd send it to Ryan Gick, Sinister Performance sp1@gmtuners.com and have it done correctly. One and done.

Do you have hptuners and we could do it through email

------------------

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock