Headlight actuator arms by NetCam
Started on: 08-01-2013 09:17 PM
Replies: 7 (194 views)
Last post by: Sonny Burnett 21 on 08-05-2013 11:24 PM
NetCam

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've done a couple of searches and saw different answers to my question - Are the actuator arms off my '85 Gen I motors going to fit when I put in the motors I have out of an '87? I know the bolts have to be cut or replaced, but found mixed answers on the arms, plus the ONE that came with the motors doesn't look like the ones on my car (I'm thinking maybe they came from a Firebird/Sunbird.....?).

Cheers,

Cameron

[This message has been edited by NetCam (edited 08-02-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone??
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For what it's worth as it applies to the motors --- When I changed for gen -1 to gen 2 all I did was swap the motors into the buckets (using the gen 2 bolts) and the rotating arm clipped directly to the lifting arm with the standard e-clips so I think they are the same, however, when the sun comes up I'll check my box of old gen 1's against the two's and let you know what I find. If your motors came out of a Firebird I think you do have to switch the motors side to side and change the rotating arm - same motor different geometry on the lift.

[This message has been edited by steve308 (edited 08-02-2013).]

CrazyDragn

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2013 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you need to contact the fiero factory at: http://thefierofactory.com/
they can get you the right parts that you would need.

Jason

------------------
Notchie to Fast Back Conversion

After Market Steering Wheel Conversion

'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project Has Begun

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure steve308's correct. The headlight mechanisms are the same. Looking at the assemblies on my 87, there isn't any immediately recognizable difference in the earlier mechanisms.
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Checked this am ---- had to take the bucket out to be sure --- same arm gen 1 - gen2 Fiero to Fiero / don't know about firebird arm - motors are the same but switched side to side not sure if the arm is the same.
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys, I was able to install the motors using the arms off my Gen 1 motors. The unfortunate part was the driver's side motor was in the car for all of about a half hour. The motor was not behaving well, the bump stops had disintegrated into tiny crumbs, so the light would only twitch trying to go up

Unfortunately it's a holiday here tomorrow so the earliest I can get any parts is Tuesday. The new harness is in, but no driving at night for me for the next couple of days...... Got my new horns in though, so my car doesn't sound like the Road Runner anymore!

[This message has been edited by NetCam (edited 08-04-2013).]

Sonny Burnett 21

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Burnett 21Send a Private Message to Sonny Burnett 21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mines are doing the same thing. The arms are fine that's the motor is sowing signs of going on you

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock