88 caliper springs and pins by Atlanta1
Started on: 07-31-2013 09:37 PM
Replies: 5 (193 views)
Last post by: lateFormula on 08-01-2013 09:53 PM
Atlanta1

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Atlanta1Send a Private Message to Atlanta1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know where I can buy 88 caliper springs and pins? Is there
Alternate cross reference part numbers?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
88FieroGT TTops

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroGT TTopsSend a Private Message to 88FieroGT TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rock auto has a kit with both but the pins were kind of short---fierostore has the pins

------------------
Pat Jones

Atlanta1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2013 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Atlanta1Send a Private Message to Atlanta1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found the part number ac delco 179-1133 caliper springs for the 88
I guess I would need 2 springs for each caliper?
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can also get bolts with non-nylon lock nuts. I did this and I like it way more than the pins. Just unbolt when you want to change pads. No pounding out the pins or separating the caliper. I got them in the bulk area of my napa.
Scottzilla79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think you can also find clevis pins that work as well. I think when I ordered my pads one set came with spring pins the other came with the clevis and cotter pins.
lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 88 calipers use a standard size 1/4" OD roll pin as the pins, I just don't know the length off the top of my head. Next time I pull the pins out of a caliper I am going to measure the length and get some stainless steel roll pins from McMaster Carr to replace them. I might have to buy them a bit longer and cut them to the correct length, but that's no problem.

[This message has been edited by lateFormula (edited 08-01-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock