Started on: 07-30-2013 06:54 PM
Replies: 5 (274 views)
Last post by: Danyel on 07-30-2013 10:46 PM
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know what size or kind of rivet nuts I can use for my rear wing. Mine were completely rotted away so I have no idea on what to use or replace them with......
thanks for any help
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you speaking of the rubber well-nuts that go into the bottom of the wing and the stand bolts to? If so, they are GM part number 14005097. They are M5 - 8 with a range of .035 - .232 inch. They are available from Auto Vehicle Company (Au-Ve-Co) under part number 16248. Au-Ve-Co is located in Cold Springs, Kentucky 41076. You can probably check their web site for a local source. A GM dealer may have them since they're a standard GM item, used in most deck lid luggage rack applications.

I don't know what stores you have up there, but locally, Ace Hardware, WWGrainger, Fastenal and I think Harbor Freight carry them. I('ve also found them in some of the larger paint and body supply stores.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If they are metal nuts, drill them out and replace them with Well Nuts. I ran into a spoiler with metal nuts and I hated working with them
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The metal nutserts can wear through the thin lower surface of the wing over time. Vibration or overtightening can do it. The rubber well nuts have a cushioning effect against the spoiler and they are the same as used by GM.

Check out clipsandfasteners.com They carry a good line of GM fasteners as well as for other vehicles.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can get well nuts at the hardware store.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to all for your help .....

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock