Vacuum Lines by RilesOfSmiles
Started on: 07-27-2013 05:59 PM
Replies: 5 (950 views)
Last post by: Ry86GT on 07-29-2013 11:35 AM
RilesOfSmiles

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RilesOfSmilesSend a Private Message to RilesOfSmilesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I have grown tired of seeing these things all over the place. I was curious if it would be possible to remove and plug them or just reroute them? Or will it make my engine run like crap? I would imagine that as long as there is vacuum in the system it wouldn't matter where the lines go. Or am I wrong?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
1fast2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fast2m4Send a Private Message to 1fast2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
as long as you just want to extend / replace them and route them in a way that is more appealing to your eye, then yes you can absolutely do that. you can't just remove them though.

------------------
1986 SE 3800SC/4t65eHD (12.871@104.96) I'll Sell it if you like
1985 GT 3800SC (swap in progress)

Shonyman32

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shonyman32Send a Private Message to Shonyman32Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you move the PCV to after the throttle body and IAC?
1fast2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fast2m4Send a Private Message to 1fast2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shonyman32:

Can you move the PCV to after the throttle body and IAC?

Edit: Because I'm stupid LOL

but why would you want to do that?

[This message has been edited by 1fast2m4 (edited 07-27-2013).]

85 SE VIN 9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 SE VIN 9Send a Private Message to 85 SE VIN 9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It makes sense to take a more direct route than the factory setup. Most of the lines don't have to go under the plenum. One goes from the left side of the engine to the right side, to the trunk wall, ending up at the vapor canister - only about two feet from where it started. But for looks the factory way might be better. For the PVC connection you can use a loop of hose to replace the probably leaking, impossible to find OEM part. The guy who did the hybrid 2009 challenge hybrid Fiero just threw all that stuff out - and experienced problems. The PVC system keeps stuff from building up in your engine which can be a problem long term. Without the lines the computer probably can't even monitor the engine, let alone control it. Replacing rubber lines and tightening up other sources of vacuum leaks often solves a lot of pesky problems and results in a much better running engine.
Ry86GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ry86GTSend a Private Message to Ry86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can re-route to please your eye, but everything still needs to be connected.

Here's what I did when I was refinishing my plenum and valve covers. I hated how they draped over the rear valve cover and ran along the rear trunk wall so I made my own lines with aluminum tubing from a hobby shop. I pretty much had to - I had no idea how fragile the stock lines were and they pretty much impoded in my hand when I was trying to remove them. PCV was also relocated to the front valve cover.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock