Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Clutch Master and Slave Cylinder and Clutch Arm Woes - way to fix?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Clutch Master and Slave Cylinder and Clutch Arm Woes - way to fix? by dreale
Started on: 07-26-2013 09:01 PM
Replies: 1 (625 views)
Last post by: Old Lar on 07-27-2013 07:12 AM
dreale

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drealeSend a Private Message to drealeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 1985 V6GT clutch pedal became soft while driving, and I thought it was the classic slave cylinder failure. I've replaced many a clutch slave cylinder, and even a master cylinder once or twice on some of the Fieros I've owned in the past 11 years - This time NOTHING worked to fix it like in the past. I replaced the master and slave cylinder, bled the system, and it was unusually hard as a rock this time to put pressue on the clutch pedal. Turned out the clutch slave arm had cracked. I replaced it with one from the Fiero store, but for the first time in 11 years, could not get pressure to build up. Could it be a bad line this time, or the bleeder valves and connections need Teflon tape, or...? I am wondering if the new slave cylinder could have been damaged prior to my finding out that it was a broken clutch arm? I'll take any suggestions.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rodney Dickman slave is the only way to go.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock