Where to attach the expansion tank? by thebigarniedog
Started on: 07-25-2013 02:40 PM
Replies: 3 (187 views)
Last post by: thebigarniedog on 07-25-2013 04:52 PM
thebigarniedog

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thebigarniedogSend a Private Message to thebigarniedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in the process of swapping out my 1986 1/2 fiero gt's fuel tank for a 1987 tank. I also have the expansion tank for a 1987 as well. My question is where does the expansion tank hose go (ie where does it connect to the fuel tank itself)? Thank you
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On 87 & 88's the tank it's self is mounted on the other side of the battery. It is mounted on the outside of the frame between the frame and the rear quarter. I am not sure on the tank how the lines go.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The vent line from the tank goes to the bottom fitting on the expansion tank, the upper line on the expansion tank goes to the evap canister - same port as the vent line as your 86.
thebigarniedog

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thebigarniedogSend a Private Message to thebigarniedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

The vent line from the tank goes to the bottom fitting on the expansion tank, the upper line on the expansion tank goes to the evap canister - same port as the vent line as your 86.

Thank you!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock