Adjusting Shifter on 5 speed by 4thfiero
Started on: 07-23-2013 05:56 PM
Replies: 3 (929 views)
Last post by: Francis T on 11-22-2016 09:46 PM
4thfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He guys, can anyone tell me the process or how to adjust there 5 speed shifter so that it shifts smoother? I rebuilt my whole car and got new shifter, tranny and cables. Its a 91 5 speed getrag with dickmans shifter conversion on the tranny side. I d rather not take it to a mechanic and pay him to do it if i can. Where do i make adjustments? Its currently tricky to shift into 2nd...and i cant find first. (Tranny was inspected by mechanic before install so everything is good, just needs adjustment)
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bloozberry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2016 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

Try these:

100www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives...110502-2-105582.html

www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives...120111-2-108049.html

Thanks to all quite helpful. I will check it as suggested as see if it helps. One more question: does anyone have a photo, info or drawing of the REVERSE INHIBITOR CAM AND ROLLER and how to adust it?
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2016 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We found and fix the problem and it only cost me $2.20. Shifter works great now!
No rev position was not caused by anything like a washer, coin, or many if the screws that fallen into the shifter well. The problem was caused slop from 2 worn-out nylon bushings on transmission linkage. Namely the 2 on the lower mounting bracket for the big pin that allows the large hoop rock up & down. At a local hardware store, we found nylon bushings that fit in the bracket perfectly. Whereas the shaft holes were tp small we had to drill them out to fit the pin and belt sand the heads a little. Had I known how easy and great the fix was going to be, I would have taken pics. Anyway, the borrowed link below shows the assembly. If your 5 spd is shifting is a bit iffy now and then, check this assembly for wiggle/looseness.

http://farm5.static.flickr....842_95b4ce57ef_b.jpg

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock