Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Using NOS T-Top seals to reproduce sets?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Using NOS T-Top seals to reproduce sets? by gmctyphoon1992
Started on: 07-23-2013 03:55 PM
Replies: 11 (507 views)
Last post by: fireboss on 03-17-2014 12:44 PM
gmctyphoon1992

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gmctyphoon1992Send a Private Message to gmctyphoon1992Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fortunately I have a brand new NOS set as posted before that I found in my garage.. I was looking to install them soon in like a week..but in thinking to benefit the forum and many owners before I install them.. are there any manufacturers like Rodney Dickman or others that would be able to use my set to replicate the seals and reproduce them for all the other T-Top owners or would that be out of reach?

------------------
1988 Pontiac Fiero Gt (fully optioned, factory leather, 5-speed, CJB T-Tops: Black w/ gray interior and blk wheels)
1992 GMC Typhoon #0203
1971Chevorlet Corvette 454cu/ LS5/ 4-speed/ convertible
1993 BMW 850 Ci 6-speed V-12

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think this was tried and the cost was too high. You may want to search the forum for more info.
lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You might want to ask at a company that can make these, like Steele Rubber: http://steelerubber.com/
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gmctyphoon1992:

Fortunately I have a brand new NOS set as posted before that I found in my garage.. I was looking to install them soon in like a week..but in thinking to benefit the forum and many owners before I install them.. are there any manufacturers like Rodney Dickman or others that would be able to use my set to replicate the seals and reproduce them for all the other T-Top owners or would that be out of reach?

Are the seals the 88 CJB type or the non CJB found on 87s and earlier?

Nelson
gmctyphoon1992

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gmctyphoon1992Send a Private Message to gmctyphoon1992Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

Are the seals the 88 CJB type or the non CJB found on 87s and earlier?

Nelson

I believe its the CJB type from the 1988s.. my fiero gt is an 1988 CJB..

This seal has the headliner lock integrated into the seal and it also has a deflector for the door glass... which im pretty sure was only on the CJB coded cars... anybody have any pictures to decipher the two? any other areas to point out?

------------------
1988 Pontiac Fiero Gt (fully optioned, factory leather, 5-speed, CJB T-Tops: Black w/ gray interior and blk wheels)
1992 GMC Typhoon #0203
1971Chevorlet Corvette 454cu/ LS5/ 4-speed/ convertible
1993 BMW 850 Ci 6-speed V-12

gmctyphoon1992

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gmctyphoon1992Send a Private Message to gmctyphoon1992Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

gmctyphoon1992

693 posts
Member since Jun 2010
Double post ooops

[This message has been edited by gmctyphoon1992 (edited 07-23-2013).]

ProjectPb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ProjectPbSend a Private Message to ProjectPbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gmctyphoon1992:

I believe its the CJB type from the 1988s.. my fiero gt is an 1988 CJB..

This seal has the headliner lock integrated into the seal and it also has a deflector for the door glass... which im pretty sure was only on the CJB coded cars... anybody have any pictures to decipher the two? any other areas to point out?

Yes u are correct that is the 88 CJB

------------------
85 SE 2m4 2.4 L4 5 speed
87 GT 2.8 V6 5 speed Gold and Gray with 94 FWD Cavalier 5 Speed
88 Formula CJB T-Top Project i think its going to stay Formula

ProjectPb for all for paintball needs check this out

gmctyphoon1992

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gmctyphoon1992Send a Private Message to gmctyphoon1992Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lateFormula:

You might want to ask at a company that can make these, like Steele Rubber: http://steelerubber.com/

talked to them today.. said they will look into it? whatever that means ..but they said they only produce their products when their is a high enough demand unfortunately.

[This message has been edited by gmctyphoon1992 (edited 07-24-2013).]

jon m

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 04:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a suggestion - but why not talk to infinitewill who has successfully made the trunk seal and maybe he maybe able to give you some pointers

jon
Lurate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LurateClick Here to visit Lurate's HomePageSend a Private Message to LurateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sure would be nice to have those seals in production.
fast40driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fast40driverSend a Private Message to fast40driverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought that Rodney had said he was going to look into it a few months back? Talk to him, maybe? Maybe we should all do a mass mailing to Steele?

Mike
PFF
System Bot
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is another prime reason this is a great forum,
I don't have and never had a TTop...but your offer of the seals to someone as an example for reproducing them is classy----

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock