85 trunklid release wiring help by maybenot
Started on: 07-22-2013 03:40 PM
Replies: 6 (185 views)
Last post by: maybenot on 07-22-2013 08:09 PM
maybenot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maybenotSend a Private Message to maybenotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hi guys,
i did search the archives and still need help. i have an 85 gt. when i bought the car the trunk release was not working. i purchased a new switch and started to check wires. the decklid has the wire through to exit at the driver side hinge and is cut there. there is literally no wire for it to connect to. i did verify the release works by hooking up 12v to the wire and grounding the latch. i pulled the vent cover off and opened the wire ties holding ALL the wires together from the firewall and there is not an unconnected wire anywhere, they all connect to something. all the threads here say the wire i'm looking for is black. i cannot find it. can someone either trace it from the decklid and tell me the routing or take a pic for me where this wire meets the harness or connector at firewall.
thank you.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
J Gunsett

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That black wire coming out of the deck lid should have a connector near the hinge. From that connector the black wire goes to the C500 block, slot A1. Hope this help.

Jack
Bloozberry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's where it is and what it looks like on the '86-up cars and quite possibly the '85's too:

It's attached to the inside edge of the passenger side deck lid hinge box.

And this is what the single black connector for the '85 should look like:

Edit to add: It's quite possible your deck lid has been changed from the original, and also possible that your car never had the complete wiring harness installed either. To know whether your car originally came equipped with the power trunk option, check your RPO sticker under the front hood on the driver's side wheel arch for the code A90. If it's not there, then that's probably why you can't find all of the wires.

[This message has been edited by Bloozberry (edited 07-22-2013).]

maybenot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maybenotSend a Private Message to maybenotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bloozeberry-it has code a90, but no connector, in fact, the wire from the decklid is just a cut end.
jack, is there a diagram for what that is? i have no idea what you said means.
thank you both for the help!
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is where is comes out of the loom on my 85GT. Near the air filter.

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 07-22-2013).]

maybenot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maybenotSend a Private Message to maybenotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks dodgerunner, and thanks to 4point9 who emailed me diagram. hopefully withall these items i can replace the power feed from switch to trunk.
thanks again
maybenot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maybenotSend a Private Message to maybenotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maybenot

173 posts
Member since Jun 2013
ok, so based on the wiring diagram, the wire goes from black to black/white, then to black.
i have 2 black with white wires going to a homemade ground from the loom.
is there another blk/wht wire in there for something else? and if not, how would i check this is the wire i need? my wire needs to be 12+ and these go to a ground.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock