Started on: 07-21-2013 08:23 AM
Replies: 2 (166 views)
Last post by: 1fast2m4 on 07-21-2013 01:55 PM
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2013 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So,
I have my initial list of item purchased and am getting ready to start the install. What preventative maintenance have you done that you should have done before the install?

Motor;
30 hour run time from the plastic covering engine and trans combo. That is hours not miles. 3800 series 3 supercharged 2003 motor.

Items I will be replacing shortlist.
LIM gaskets with metal
All plastic tubes will be replaced with brake lines
Supercharger oil

Also I am looking to get just close to or over 300hp
1. Roiller rockers 1.6 / 1.8 ??
2. 3.5 pulley
3. Waterpump under drive pulley
4. Alternator under drive pulley.
Don't want to get into swapping cams just small bolt on stuff for reliability and more go.

Lastly I have done tons of research on intake tubing. What are you using to go from the series 2 throttle body to the stock intake box?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2013 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:
Also I am looking to get just close to or over 300hp
1. Roiller rockers 1.6 / 1.8 ??
2. 3.5 pulley
3. Waterpump under drive pulley
4. Alternator under drive pulley.
Don't want to get into swapping cams just small bolt on stuff for reliability and more go.

Lastly I have done tons of research on intake tubing. What are you using to go from the series 2 throttle body to the stock intake box?

Those mods wont get you to 300hp.. If you don't want to go cam then you will need to add an intercooler and pulley down more.

I wouldn't use the stock airbox, get the tubing to run into fender well or under deck vent. If you used stock airbox you need to open up the bottom completely and enlargen/weld back the inlet side.

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - (pending L67 swap: VS cam, GenV) Build Progress eta: 8/13
98 GTP - Some mods

1fast2m4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2013 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fast2m4Send a Private Message to 1fast2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You don't really need to under drive the water pump or alt you won't gain much there. weather you go rockers or cam, a 3.5" pulley is a bit mild as well, with a thought out intake and free flowing exhaust a 3.4" pulley wont be a problem, most likely 3.2" with a cam or rockers

Aren't the Metal LIM gaskets OE Series 3? I'm not sure but check it out.

For what it's worth I wish I did a cam while my motor was out, But it's understandable to not want to get into all that.

Skip any stock intake parts, maybe stock LQ4 truck intake tube but run a open K&N type element behind the rear 1/4 The cooler the air coming in and the faster the exhaust gets out the less chances you have for KR

Skip the rockers and the under drive pulleys, do a 3.4 SC pulley & a 180or 160deg T stat

A good scan gauge is a nice thing to have as well, I have a Aeroforce gauge with a Innovative LC-1 feeding it 0-5v Air fuel signal so I always have KR & AF a short glance away.

------------------
1986 SE 3800SC/4t65eHD (12.871@104.96) I'll Sell it if you like
1985 GT 3800SC (swap in progress)

[This message has been edited by 1fast2m4 (edited 07-21-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay